This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You guys will seriously defend everything that Game Freak does.

#1Meta289Posted 9/4/2013 3:58:50 PM
$5 a year for extra storage isn't bad. However, you can't say that transferring, a feature that should have been included with the game itself, should be tied to the extra storage, and as such, require extra payment. There really isn't any reason why transferring should work like this. Dream Radar has shown that a 3DS application can hold data to be added to a DS game. Maybe I'm wrong, but I would assume that the opposite would hold true; a 3DS app that copies selected data from the DS game, deletes the data from said game, then holds onto the data until it is picked up in the 3DS game.

Game Freak knows that people are going to use the transfer system more than the extra storage, so by tying the transfer system to the storage, they get people to buy into the extra storage. It's clearly just an attempt to make a little extra cash, yet you guys are all defending it as if it's the best thing ever. If they made Pokemon subscription-based, or just charged you for using the online features of the game, you guys would try to defend it.
---
R.I.P. Pokemon Cycle
Fact: Things are so much better when taken at face value.
#2Kinneth123Posted 9/4/2013 4:00:51 PM
I will admit the transferring should be a separate app and be free.

What I won't defend is acting like a $5 fee for storage is the end of the world, which is what everyone is acting like.
---
3DS FC: 1332-8189-4231
#3JackSolomonPosted 9/4/2013 4:02:25 PM
My friend, please, teach me your secrets. Teach me to ignore all the topics saying that it's a horrible idea and Gamefreak has ruined Pokemon, as you have.
#4LexifoxPosted 9/4/2013 4:03:07 PM
People will seriously whine and b**** about anything Game Freak does, so it's a nice balance.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#5mudkip72Posted 9/4/2013 4:03:49 PM(edited)
I agree. I'm a person who doesn't need any extra storage, and so I don't want transferring services to be stuck behind this same paywall when a 3DS app should be perfectly capable of doing a transfer locally.
#6FuneralCakePosted 9/4/2013 4:04:14 PM
Meta289 posted...
If they made Pokemon subscription-based, or just charged you for using the online features of the game, you guys would try to defend it.

Honestly, no.

Pokemon Bank doesn't bother me because it's five goddamn dollars a year. That's literally nothing for me. I make that in a half hour at work. I might as well not even be paying anything for it.

If they started micro-transactioning out the ass, you bet I'd have a problem with it.
---
YOU WANT SOME FUNERAL TO GO WITH THAT CAKE?
why aren't you laughing at me? everything i say is funny and adorable
#7Sloth9230Posted 9/4/2013 4:05:05 PM
Why should transferring be free. Why should anything in this world be free???
#8AysanderPosted 9/4/2013 4:05:21 PM
I'm not saying it's the best thing ever.

I'm expecting the people who wanted to transfer their pokes to suck it up, quit flooding the forum w/ "5$ storage" QQ topics, and deal. They wanted a way to transfer, and this is like the only instantaneous solution GF could come up with to allow X/Y to release on schedule.

TBH, I think it's silly and am glad I do not transfer my pokes from gen to gen often.
---
http://s4.zetaboards.com/Pokemon_Dark_Red/index/
#9smallface_grayPosted 9/4/2013 4:06:11 PM
If Gamefreak makes more money doesn't that = more games = happy fans? Yay the company I like is successful...
#10MaplesGrandGMPosted 9/4/2013 4:06:39 PM
FuneralCake posted...
Meta289 posted...
If they made Pokemon subscription-based, or just charged you for using the online features of the game, you guys would try to defend it.

Honestly, no.

Pokemon Bank doesn't bother me because it's five goddamn dollars a year. That's literally nothing for me. I make that in a half hour at work. I might as well not even be paying anything for it.

If they started micro-transactioning out the ass, you bet I'd have a problem with it.

Half an hour? Must suck to have to work that long for 5 dollars.