This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

reasons why poke bank is i bad idea

#1sandstormflygonPosted 9/4/2013 5:56:21 PM
1.it's a pointless method to stop hackers. the hackers will eventually crack the 3ds or get their hacks past it anyways.
2.To add on the first reason your own pokemon will get hacked since they are vulnerable on the internet.
3.people would only use it for transferring pokemon so whats the point even it it 5 dollars a year.
4. wouldn't it be better if your pokemon were save to your sd card so you don't have to have a fee at all.
#2Second_ChancesPosted 9/4/2013 6:01:11 PM
sandstormflygon posted...
1.it's a pointless method to stop hackers. the hackers will eventually crack the 3ds or get their hacks past it anyways.
2.To add on the first reason your own pokemon will get hacked since they are vulnerable on the internet.
3.people would only use it for transferring pokemon so whats the point even it it 5 dollars a year.
4. wouldn't it be better if your pokemon were save to your sd card so you don't have to have a fee at all.

1) I don't see how it'll stop hackers. If anything, it's just going to end up like the GTS exploits all over again, but with how it works it'll be even more user friendly most likely.
2) More worrying would be someone getting your password and sending all your Pokemon to themselves, but neither is particularly likely.
3) Pretty much. Some people though are betting they're going to drastically cut the amount of Pokemon you can keep in your PC box in-game in order to try and force you to sign up and use it
4) Exactly. It'd be way more convenient too, no need for an internet connection.

Not to mention with how little data 3000 Pokemon actually takes up, storage should not be a problem in any way whatsoever, neither to the point that THE POWER OF THE CLOUD is needed or for it to cost as much a year as it does.
#3feeltheninjutsuPosted 9/4/2013 6:06:34 PM
sandstormflygon posted...

1. Yes, it will eventually end up pointless, but it's GF's job to at least try.

2. No it won't. That's like saying the GTS Pokemon would get hacked. I'm sure their servers are secure.

3. Because people will pay for it? Nintendo is a business. They want to make money. If consumers find $5 reasonable, they will complete the transaction.

4. The very last thing GF wants is for .pkm files to be directly accessible and transferable to computers. That opens the door to PokeGen. If there is another DNS GTS hijack, this will happen anyway, but it's GF job to prevent it as much as they can.
---
"Not everything is a lesson. Sometimes you just fail." - Dwight Schrute
"I don't get high, life keeps me at a decent height." -Lupe Fiasco
#4NintenfreakPosted 9/5/2013 6:41:39 PM
Good gravy, it's five dollars. Pokemon Box was worth it, and this will take 8 years to equal the same cost. And it's twice the storage.
---
http://the-toadman.deviantart.com
The Toyetic Toadman. It's good for our wallet. Not yours.
#5NeonDragon9000Posted 9/5/2013 6:43:41 PM
This topic is full of reasons why English class remains a great idea.
---
"Microsoft is not a helicopter." ~Gerald Ilukwe
#6yzmanPosted 9/5/2013 6:44:36 PM
I for one am grateful for it. I have so many pokes I am starting to transfer over that I run out of room in my boxes.
---
"As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there, he wasn't there again today, i wish I wish he'd go away."
#7Rayze_DarrPosted 9/5/2013 6:46:56 PM
You know those times when somebody feels one way, so they pretend to feel the opposite way online and intentionally make poor, nonsensical arguments, making people more inclined to agree with how they actually feel?

Sometimes, I hope that most of this board is actually doing that.
---
3DS FC: 5327 - 0902 - 3469
New Leaf Dream Address: 5500 - 2146 - 0428