This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So I heard they're monetizing generational gaps now. *rant/discussion/hope*

#1Sticky_DerpPosted 9/4/2013 6:01:01 PM
About me: I decided I wouldn't be getting X or Y back when they announced the Blazekinite limited time thing, because I'm tired of event exclusive s***, specifically that the events are timed, and trigger in game things that can't be done other ways, and that the pokemon themselves are only acquired through events.

But, back to the topic: Not only do you have to buy the update with new pokemon and new places to go as a whole new game [when it's always the same formula], but now you can't even trade forward without spending more.

Though I must admit, if the 3DS is hackproof, and you actually can't scam in generated Pokemon to the "Pokemon Bank" that's pretty cool, and potentially EASILY worth 5$ a year to seriously competitive players.

However, I'm not a seriously competitive player.

On another note, what with the double set of starters and a torchic event, it'd be pretty interesting if nearly every pokemon, except legendaries and perhaps starters, was obtainable between X and Y, without the need for any old games.

That way, only serious players who ev trained and s*** and care about that stuff would have to pay for the storage, everyone else could just start fresh. Which isn't a perfect thing, but still a good one.

I might even consider getting back in if that's the case. But if that isn't the case, which it probably isn't, then the Pokemon Bank crap just further justifies me ending my relationship with pokemon. I mean, not only do you have to buy a game or get gas/someone to take you to gamestop/etc, but now you literally have to pay just to complete the pokedex? For no other reason than to get the pokemon you own onto a single game?
That's really stupid, and anyone defending that is an apologist, and a sheep. The only people whom Pokemon Bank is good for is serious players, and they haven't done anything for casual players.

I'll be listening in about the number of obtainable pokemon in X and Y, but as it stands, I can only think I made a good decision when I chose to bow out. Gamefreak has only been doing this s*** to please hardcore players (even though it's displeasing to casual fans) and I'm not a hardcore player, nor is the majority of the fanbase.
I hope the kids, and their parents, react negatively to this, because while I'm bowing out for now, I'll always think hopefully of Pokemon's potential future.
---
Fox news get's a pass because they have to go against reality's liberal bias. - SilentS89
#2ChaosMew161Posted 9/4/2013 6:03:46 PM
So, anyone who doesn't say "$5 is the end of the world" is a sheep and a GF apologist? Sorry, but you're both wrong and reported for flaming.
---
When it comes to Pokemon, I like Generation V over Generation I. Flame me.
3DS Friend Code: 2406-5121-4760 (PM me if you added me with your FC!)
#3LexifoxPosted 9/4/2013 6:05:41 PM
Can someone translate this? I keep seeing what look like argument points, but there's just so much butthurt there.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#4Sticky_Derp(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2013 6:09:50 PM
No, the fact that it's stupid because it is only good for a minority of the fanbase, makes anyone who defends it a sheep.

You hide behind petty insults like butthurt simply because you aren't intellectually capable of defending it, nor intellectually capable of understanding why it's a bad thing.

Sorry babes, but this world generally supports thought, and your petty insults suggest you belong only on a gradeschool playground.
---
Fox news get's a pass because they have to go against reality's liberal bias. - SilentS89
#5Sticky_Derp(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2013 6:11:12 PM
And you're also both missing the part where I suggest a situation that would benefit everyone.

But of course you are, because you're acting like gradeschoolers, not actually thinking or being mature.

You're being a sheep for blindly defending it, but you don't have to act like a gradeschooler too.
You're more butthurt than I am, anyways, just insulting me because I'm complaining about an unpopular decision.
---
#6ChaosMew161Posted 9/4/2013 6:12:24 PM
Lexifox posted...
Can someone translate this? I keep seeing what look like argument points, but there's just so much butthurt there.

The rough translation of TC's post is: Waah waah $5 is end of world waah waah now i'm going to flame those who have differing opinions from me! (That's the best I can get. My Gibberish-English machine is unreliable.)
---
#7SMASHKING84Posted 9/4/2013 6:13:08 PM
the whole timed exclusive pokemon with game stop proves nintendo is already like capcom.
---
You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become a villain. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfDtJvYrFD4
#8KeeperOfShadowsPosted 9/4/2013 6:13:25 PM
Sticky_Derp posted...
but you don't have to act like a gradeschooler too.
You're more butthurt than I am, anyways, just insulting me because I'm complaining about an unpopular decision.

Oh, the irony.
---
A voice of reason, in a chaotic realm.
"Are you angry? Do you hate me?"
#9ChaosMew161Posted 9/4/2013 6:14:16 PM
Sticky_Derp posted...
And you're also both missing the part where I suggest a situation that would benefit everyone.

But of course you are, because you're acting like gradeschoolers, not actually thinking or being mature.

You're being a sheep for blindly defending it, but you don't have to act like a gradeschooler too.

Insulting you? You insulted us by way of the good ole name-call. Last I checked, name-calling is part of GameFAQs' definition of flaming. If you have to flame to make a point, either you're doing it wrong or you're a really bad comedian. Translate your rant into concise terms for us who aren't going to read the wall of text, please.
---
#10zeik56Posted 9/4/2013 6:14:28 PM
Cut it with the attitude and maybe someone will take you seriously.
---
I'm a dick, and I want to subject other people to that. ~ R.I.P. Ryan Davis