This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So I heard they're monetizing generational gaps now. *rant/discussion/hope*

#31Sticky_Derp(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2013 6:37:00 PM
eixeeee posted...

the seven-year-old level of basic and petty insults in your post
all because you have some long standing grudge about things I don't even remember

just make you out to be a petty person

i dont remember what I did to hurt you, but I'm sure you deserved it

and since you aren't contributing and are only insulting me based on "anger issues" you think i have...

well, considering you walked in here just to insult me because you're mad about something from who knows how long ago

it shows that you have some kind of issue with your own anger and are projecting onto me

and you also hold a grudge for much too long man

you could probably talk to someone, because that kind of hate isn't healthy
---
Fox news get's a pass because they have to go against reality's liberal bias. - SilentS89
#32Sticky_Derp(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2013 6:39:47 PM
P0k3m0nWaRR10R8 posted...
I agree with the sentiment; I always hated event exclusive pokemon, and I still do.

I just don't think the appropriate action to take is boycotting the games, because GF could take that to mean you didn't like any particular part of the game, when in actuality you just wanted to protest the events

There's no other way to protest to it than boycotting the game.
Especially with the Pokemon Bank.

I don't have a twitter, and I don't know if Gamefreak is receiving some kind of outcry against Pokemon Bank there, but otherwise, my only way to show them I disapprove of what they're doing is to not buy their games.

And so, I won't. There are ways they could satisfy both parties, and I could just pick up X and Y and be satisfied with them, but when they're doing things that require old games and make you pay to get pokemon into new ones, and still limiting chunks of content by limited-time events... I can only show it by not buying their games.

If you have a better suggestion, I'll be surprised, but I'll be listening.
---
Fox news get's a pass because they have to go against reality's liberal bias. - SilentS89
#33Sticky_Derp(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2013 6:41:31 PM
Snorlax_exlax posted...
Sticky_Derp posted...
I said you're being sheep, blindly following something with no logical reason.

- $5
- Optional Online Service

Oh yeah, I'm totally letting "The Man" put me down on this one...

it's not optional IF YOU WANT TO TRANSFER POKEMON

if it was just storage this would be AWESOME
overpriced [because the memory itself required to hold so few pokemon would not warrant 5 bucks even for a one time fee], but still, awesome

but since you need it to transfer
NOT AWESOME
BECAUSE NOT OPTIONAL
---
#34SMASHKING84Posted 9/4/2013 6:47:01 PM
you know what happened in gen 3 when they couldn't find a way to connect past gens?
they DIDN'T MAKE AN ONLINE SERVER AND CHARGE MONEY TO STORE POKEMON.
---
You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become a villain. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfDtJvYrFD4
#35DarkDragon386Posted 9/4/2013 6:49:09 PM
Pokemon has always been about trading, and requiring two systems has almost always been required for trading.
This isn't trading, this is paying to carry over your pokemon. And paying for storage you don't need.

You do know you needed 2 DSs to transfer from IV to V and a link cable to transfer from I to II, right?
---
Not changing this sig until The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho happens on PPV (started October 4, 2009)
#36SMASHKING84Posted 9/4/2013 6:53:51 PM
DarkDragon386 posted...
Pokemon has always been about trading, and requiring two systems has almost always been required for trading.
This isn't trading, this is paying to carry over your pokemon. And paying for storage you don't need.

You do know you needed 2 DSs to transfer from IV to V and a link cable to transfer from I to II, right?

i wasn't aware people didn't have friends.
---
You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become a villain. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfDtJvYrFD4
#37DarkDragon386Posted 9/4/2013 6:55:48 PM
SMASHKING84 posted...
DarkDragon386 posted...

i wasn't aware people didn't have friends.

Doesn't change the fact that you still need to get 2 DSs from somewhere. And you act like everyone has friends who play Pokemon.
---
Not changing this sig until The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho happens on PPV (started October 4, 2009)
#38FurryyifferPosted 9/4/2013 6:56:20 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#39FurryyifferPosted 9/4/2013 7:00:53 PM
SMASHKING84 posted...
you know what happened in gen 3 when they couldn't find a way to connect past gens?

And you didnt get to transfer your pokemon at all. See how that works?
---
Ryuho, Playing Tales of Graces F
Forever in my heart.
#40SMASHKING84Posted 9/4/2013 7:03:26 PM
Furryyiffer posted...
SMASHKING84 posted...

And you didnt get to transfer your pokemon at all. See how that works?

the point is the old game freak wouldnt do this.
---