This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

first fairy and now megas...

#11lloyd0117(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2013 8:15:18 PM
well certainly not a joke topic, but those 2 things took off rampantly on this board, and i dont do nearly as much google researching as you guys do apparently...
---
"when I'm in the process of doing something, I do it not because I think it's worth doing, but because I'm trying to MAKE it worth doing."
#12Emerald_FlashPosted 9/4/2013 8:31:35 PM
Honestly, just don't buy the games, then. I mean, it's not like you're required to use Fairy types and megalutions, though it would be quite silly to deprive yourself of two pretty cool new mechanics. What exactly is your problem with them, aside from megas being "digimon-ish"?

Also, the things announced today (Bank and Transporter) aren't required.

If you are truly a fan of the Pokemon franchise, don't let a few new additions keep you from enjoying a possibly great game.
---
Official Latios of the Pokemon X/Y Boards
Saying inb4 does not make you cool, or clever. It actually makes you seem like a troll.
#13zeik56Posted 9/4/2013 8:35:09 PM
I don't know why in the world you complain about having more types in the game. Unless you just can't deal with the fact that it's called "Fairy", but I'm sure you're not that immature, right?
---
I'm a dick, and I want to subject other people to that. ~ R.I.P. Ryan Davis
#14lloyd0117(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2013 12:56:00 AM
im still gonna buy Y but the reason i dislike megas is that theyre being applied to 3rd stage pokes, basicly breaking the tradition... and if there are any megas on pokes who ared 3rd stage like lucario, then why not just give it an evolution then? as for fairy, i dont care that its called fairy, it just seems like we didnt need any more types and fairy seems like its in that group of psychic ghost and dark, and i feel that we dont need another one of those... just seems unnecessary, including the part where the new eeveelution is fairy yet we dont even have one for types that have been around since gen 1...
---
"when I'm in the process of doing something, I do it not because I think it's worth doing, but because I'm trying to MAKE it worth doing."
#15RotomGuy3Posted 9/6/2013 12:58:31 AM
lloyd0117 posted...
im still gonna buy Y but the reason i dislike megas is that theyre being applied to 3rd stage pokes, basicly breaking the tradition... and if there are any megas on pokes who ared 3rd stage like lucario, then why not just give it an evolution then? as for fairy, i dont care that its called fairy, it just seems like we didnt need any more types and fairy seems like its in that group of psychic ghost and dark, and i feel that we dont need another one of those... just seems unnecessary, including the part where the new eeveelution is fairy yet we dont even have one for types that have been around since gen 1...

They aren't evolutions, they are strong, temporary, battle-only forms.

Many Pokemon who fit the Fairy category have been given Normal or Psychic types. And they don't fit them. Which is why although this type seems unnessacary, some Fairy Pokemon need the type to have a type that makes sense,
#16lloyd0117(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2013 1:06:25 AM
well, thats good ad stuff but making sense and pokemon have nothing in common...
---
#17SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 9/6/2013 1:36:41 AM
lloyd0117 posted...

Breaking tradition is not a bad thing if it results in something good. No need to be so conservative simply for fear of change. We'd get nothing, then.

As for your comments on fairy... I can't say I'm too fussed either way, tbh. It's a new thing, which is nice.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.
#18murat8Posted 9/6/2013 2:07:40 AM
You probably don't have to "mega evolve", and new Pokemon types isn't new Dark and Steel are both not original types.
#19lloyd0117(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2013 2:12:41 AM
murat8 posted...
You probably don't have to "mega evolve", and new Pokemon types isn't new Dark and Steel are both not original types.

no, they wherent, but they where also (arguably) needed. and they fit well, if fairy is the new anti dragon, thats fine. i just have this feeling its not gonna be done well.
---
#20SilentS89Posted 9/6/2013 3:31:12 AM
lloyd0117 posted...
murat8 posted...

no, they wherent, but they where also (arguably) needed. and they fit well, if fairy is the new anti dragon, thats fine. i just have this feeling its not gonna be done well.

I can relate. I haven't been entirely sold on megas either. But I have faith in gamefreak because they haven't disappointed me with the previous generations.