This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

It is very likely Mega Charizard will still be garbage.

#31hors_doeuvresPosted 9/4/2013 8:06:46 PM
kaiser ryu posted...
hors_doeuvres posted...
People, if you're using Mega Charizard, chances are that you'll use it as a lead(although he still loses to Ninetales since I assume you use up a turn to Mega evolve?). Stealth rocks would be irrelevant at that point.

If you switch Charizard out, you can just spin the rocks away before switching him back in, since I'm positive that any Charizard user has a dedicated rapin spinner.

Nope. Just need high friendship (or something similar) and the stone equipped.

Yeah, but to actually evolve, you have to press something in the touch screen during battle(below the pokemon's moves, iirc), so the question is, when you mega evolve, do you use up a turn or not?
---
3DS: 3179-7514-8675
"Vitamins, carotins, potassium, fiber... polyphenol!!!"
#32kakashik99992Posted 9/4/2013 8:06:58 PM
StirFriday posted...
kakashik99992 posted...
StirFriday posted...
kakashik99992 posted...
Any pokemon with weather becomes at least OU/UU material this is proved and true and never failed so far so I would say that actually it's very unlikely that Mega Charizard will be "garbage"

Ninetales takes less damage from SR, which automatically makes it better.

First of all you should NEVER take SR damage on a sun team if you have hands and a functional brain since your late/middle sweep 90% of the time involves Volcarona(and Venusaur) so you need to build your team and play in a way to not have SR on your field plus having two weather starters really benefits sun since it's much more prone to lose a ws against rain/sand not to mention that MegaCharizard give you a guaranteed drought turn and SR is pretty much non existent on doubles

It seems to me son that you have too little skill to play a sun team and/or a low level of intelligence to play competitively pokemon at all so I suggest you to stop talking out of your a** about things you don't understand

Man, this guy's disproportionately upset lol. And I don't recognize your username, so either (a) you're not important enough for me to remember (b) you've just started playing competitively and you think those couple of articles you read on smogon make you an authority (c) you have no idea who you're talking to

I've probably been playing competitively since before you knew what an EV is.

Lol using ad hominem and not actually pointing anything wrong with the arguments sure make you not sound like a <insert word that make you lose karma here> and really thinking that I actually care about, I don't even know what you are talking about there your recognition or something? lol get real son
---
My pokemon run http://thepunchlineismachismo.com/archives/150
#33kaiser ryuPosted 9/4/2013 8:08:18 PM
hors_doeuvres posted...
kaiser ryu posted...
hors_doeuvres posted...
People, if you're using Mega Charizard, chances are that you'll use it as a lead(although he still loses to Ninetales since I assume you use up a turn to Mega evolve?). Stealth rocks would be irrelevant at that point.

If you switch Charizard out, you can just spin the rocks away before switching him back in, since I'm positive that any Charizard user has a dedicated rapin spinner.

Nope. Just need high friendship (or something similar) and the stone equipped.

Yeah, but to actually evolve, you have to press something in the touch screen during battle(below the pokemon's moves, iirc), so the question is, when you mega evolve, do you use up a turn or not?

No. My original nope was to address that concern. Sorry. The rest was just detailing the only actual requirements. On the turn you mega evolve you can also choose an attack to go off that same turn. Mega evolving is free as far as turns are concerned.
---
The Tales of series needs more love in America.
Won't change sig until Namco gets wise. Started: 9/8/06
#34StirFriday(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2013 8:14:34 PM
kakashik99992 posted...
StirFriday posted...
kakashik99992 posted...
StirFriday posted...
kakashik99992 posted...
Any pokemon with weather becomes at least OU/UU material this is proved and true and never failed so far so I would say that actually it's very unlikely that Mega Charizard will be "garbage"

Ninetales takes less damage from SR, which automatically makes it better.

First of all you should NEVER take SR damage on a sun team if you have hands and a functional brain since your late/middle sweep 90% of the time involves Volcarona(and Venusaur) so you need to build your team and play in a way to not have SR on your field plus having two weather starters really benefits sun since it's much more prone to lose a ws against rain/sand not to mention that MegaCharizard give you a guaranteed drought turn and SR is pretty much non existent on doubles

It seems to me son that you have too little skill to play a sun team and/or a low level of intelligence to play competitively pokemon at all so I suggest you to stop talking out of your a** about things you don't understand

Man, this guy's disproportionately upset lol. And I don't recognize your username, so either (a) you're not important enough for me to remember (b) you've just started playing competitively and you think those couple of articles you read on smogon make you an authority (c) you have no idea who you're talking to

I've probably been playing competitively since before you knew what an EV is.

Lol using ad hominem and not actually pointing anything wrong with the arguments sure make you not sound like a <insert word that make you lose karma here> and really thinking that I actually care about, I don't even know what you are talking about there your recognition or something? lol get real son

Get a load of this guy. Did your debate coach teach you what an ad hominem is today?
---
http://i.imgur.com/Fnjmw.gif http://i.imgur.com/VWr6I.gif http://i.imgur.com/Fnjmw.gif
#35Gold UrsaringPosted 9/4/2013 8:24:22 PM
It's hard to comment on a metagame where we don't know all the details yet.

That said, Charizard does have an incredible advantage. It wins weather wars without being slower.
#36wind64aPosted 9/4/2013 8:27:47 PM
EpsteinBarr posted...
wind64a posted...
StirFriday posted...
SirPikachu posted...
NU isn't really Garbage.

I'm expecting to see him more than Ninetails on sun teams though.

Well, Ninetales and sun teams are pretty bad themselves, so that's not saying much. Sun is the weakest form of weather.

I don't know about that. My Sun Team did just fine when I used it in one of the Wifi tournaments. I do expect Megazard will be used more just because of Charizard's unwarranted popularity, but not due to actual competitive viability.

How is its popularity unwarranted?

A good portion of its claim to fame comes from people thinking of it as Ash's most powerful Pokémon, even though his Charizard doesn't actually do that much compared with his other Pokémon. Even in the battle Frontier it's only accomplishment was barely squeaking by against an Articuno that didn't even belong to the Frontier Brain he was battling at the time. When it went against a Dusclops that was actually trained properly it had its rear end handed to it on a silver platter. The only other thing it was known for was being disobedient to its trainer and costing him most of the battles he used it in early on.

There's also the crowd who chose it in the first generation and can't let go of it even now. Charizard was never particularly impressive, even in game as far as effectiveness is concerned. Many people seem to view it as some giant powerhouse, when it never worked as one. In spite of many news releases about the new generation there are hundreds of topics about it.
---
Badge Case [Time Badge]
StrifeHart is my OTP. services performed at BSC: 2 Riley's Boyfriend on the Pokemon BW2 & X boards. W1 FC: 4170 0917 6393
#373PiesAndAForkPosted 9/4/2013 8:31:40 PM
kaiser ryu posted...
hors_doeuvres posted...

Nope, you need the crest of courage and to have been shot by the Angewomon owned by your sister.

fix'd
---
"I could care less" means you care right now.
The proper phrase is "I couldn't care less."
#38KyrieIrvingPosted 9/4/2013 8:34:07 PM
StirFriday vs kakashik99992

let's get it
---
http://i.minus.com/iblIlT6HgFdYeW.gif
#39kaiser ryuPosted 9/4/2013 9:13:17 PM
StirFriday posted...
kakashik99992 posted...

Get a load of this guy. Did your debate coach teach you what an ad hominem is today?

Aww, now he's going for appeal to ridicule. Anyone wanna start up a fallacy bingo board?
---
The Tales of series needs more love in America.
Won't change sig until Namco gets wise. Started: 9/8/06
#40JarickoPosted 9/4/2013 9:17:00 PM
RageKaiser posted...
StirFriday posted...
RageKaiser posted...
It's very likely that this topic is garbage.

You seem rather upset about Charizard still not being very good. It's ok, there's more to life than using Charizard competitively.

How the hell would ANYONE know if MegaCharizard is good or not? You're just assuming and have nothing to back up what you're saying.

Topic = Garbage.

Basic understanding of mechanics. For MegaCharizard to be decent at all, the stats would have to be incredible and even then its very possible to counter it by abusing stealth rocks. Its an inferior drought user so long as it has that typing.
---
I like Lances!