This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The difference between good dlc and bad dlc

#1FennelsdreamsPosted 9/5/2013 12:19:42 AM
Good dlc is extra content for a game that adds something to the game that hasnt been done in the series before.

Thats pokebank. It allows massive storage that only pokemon box has done before it, which you also had to buy.

Bad dlc is taking content previously available in a series and suddenly charging extra for it. Thats what Gamefreak did when they tied migration from older games exclusively to pokebank.

It doesnt matter how cheap it is, it doesnt matter if you think someone is 'too poor' to pay. It doesn't change the fact that this was a dirty move and qualifies as. Bad. Practice.

Paying for server maintenance isn't the issue either, as they could have provided a smaller scale app transfer method through the SD. Perhaps 6 at a time as an incentive to use pokebank for large scale transfers. But they didn't.

P.S. Please forgive spelling mistakes, as I don't currently have access to a keyboard.
#2Gatorade22Posted 9/5/2013 12:20:50 AM
Good DLC: Free or low priced

Bad DLC: Anything that is over priced
---
CALL OF DUTY GHOSTS IS THE BEST GAME EVAR. I AM PLAYING IT ONLINE RIGHT NOW WITH THE CREATORS OF THE GAME AND YOURE NOT. THIS IS ME LAUGHING AT YOU. HAHAHAHAHA!
#3Fennelsdreams(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2013 12:22:50 AM
Gatorade22 posted...

Didn't read a word I said.
#4PlasmWraithPosted 9/5/2013 12:23:39 AM
The difference between good dlc and bad dlc

Opinions

/topic
---
( [] )
#5bd43Posted 9/5/2013 12:24:02 AM
It's silly to think that features that only benefit the player and their experience are somehow BAD DLC choices.

If anything, that's what makes it a good choice for the company producing it. They don't have to allow you to transfer. It really adds little. The game doesn't even support the activity that well.
---
Thinking is overrated. Like Pants.
#6Gatorade22Posted 9/5/2013 12:24:09 AM
Fennelsdreams posted...
Gatorade22 posted...

Didn't read a word I said.

I AM NOT A HIPPOPOTAMUS!
---
CALL OF DUTY GHOSTS IS THE BEST GAME EVAR. I AM PLAYING IT ONLINE RIGHT NOW WITH THE CREATORS OF THE GAME AND YOURE NOT. THIS IS ME LAUGHING AT YOU. HAHAHAHAHA!
#7The Eternal EvilPosted 9/5/2013 12:24:10 AM
What insider info is it you have that says this is the only transfer method? I watched their entire presentation and not once did they say this will be the only method to transfer, only that it will be a method you can transfer with. If I recall even in pokemon stadium it was a method I could transfer with, but was not the only method.
---
One Trainer to rule them all, One Trainer to find them,
One Trainer to catch them all and in the Pokeball bind them. Legend of Legacy.
#8IzanagiBlastPosted 9/5/2013 12:24:49 AM
Gatorade22 posted...

Costumes or Skins are an example of bad DLC...and they are cheap.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKNKVzVAqUk
3DS FC:3351-4244-8930
#9PlasmWraithPosted 9/5/2013 12:25:57 AM
IzanagiBlast posted...
Gatorade22 posted...

Costumes or Skins are an example of bad DLC...and they are cheap.

Cheap is relative. If you think they're bad, obviously you think they're overpriced.
---
( [] )
#10Fennelsdreams(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2013 12:29:47 AM
The Eternal Evil posted...
What insider info is it you have that says this is the only transfer method? I watched their entire presentation and not once did they say this will be the only method to transfer, only that it will be a method you can transfer with. If I recall even in pokemon stadium it was a method I could transfer with, but was not the only method.

There was nothing that suggested there would be another method. If there is, then great, I have no issues with pokebank whatsoever. But theres no proof of that right now.