This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is anyone looking forward to an even more weather-centered metagame in Gen 6?

#1LenneValkiryePosted 9/5/2013 1:21:03 AM
Now that Mega Charizard has been revealed I'm anticipating at least another Drizzle user and possibly a Snow Warning one too.
Gen 5 OU was harshly criticized by many because weather regined supreme for its entirety and I can't see that changing in Gen 6.
Personally I got used to weather teams so I don't care, but I don't think everyone else agrees with this.
#2Gatorade22Posted 9/5/2013 1:25:39 AM
Rain scares me because I'm going to train a Charmander to a Charmillion to a Charizard and probably get him to mega evolve and BOOM! Politoad will be switched in. Rain will extinguish the tail flame and Charizard will die forever.
---
CALL OF DUTY GHOSTS IS THE BEST GAME EVAR. I AM PLAYING IT ONLINE RIGHT NOW WITH THE CREATORS OF THE GAME AND YOURE NOT. THIS IS ME LAUGHING AT YOU. HAHAHAHAHA!
#3bd43Posted 9/5/2013 1:28:39 AM
Due to how MegaEvolutions work, the only real use for MegaCharizard and would be other weather inducers via Mega formes is as a lead, likely on a team where weather is less a major factor and only an edge.

You can't switch in and have it turn on, so MegaCharizard is far more vulnerable and useful than Ninetails on the Switch. Which means MegaCharizard's weather effect can be expected to not last the match.

On the other hand, MegaCharizard's drought, as the lead, will generally follow inherent weather inducers.
---
Thinking is overrated. Like Pants.
#4BelligeroPosted 9/5/2013 1:29:30 AM
If you plan on using your one Mega Evo slot for a slightly better Drought user than Ninetales, that's your call.

Probably a bad idea overall, as with weather wars, you want to switch it in a lot, but you can't do that if Stealth Rocks is up and you'd have to rely on a Rapider Spinner.
#5Nomorice4UPosted 9/5/2013 1:33:31 AM
I like weather teams. It's fun and can help things with crap stats become useful.

That said, it'd be cool to see more variants. More snow/hail team buffs to boost the use of ice types would be nice. Abilities that cuts damage by 50% on ice types in the snow would definitely make ice less uselessly fragile.

Fogs and Haze (should be turned into a weather) should also be introduce for Ghosts (or Dark or Pyschic) and Poisons respectively.
---
Capcom All Star dream team - Dr. Wily/Devilot/Donovan or Rouge/Talbain/Megaman(any)
#6bd43Posted 9/5/2013 1:34:32 AM
And short of some monster getting Drizzle, Ampharos may be a better move than another Water type.
---
#7FennelsdreamsPosted 9/5/2013 1:42:13 AM
Nomorice4U posted...
I like weather teams. It's fun and can help things with crap stats become useful.

That said, it'd be cool to see more variants. More snow/hail team buffs to boost the use of ice types would be nice. Abilities that cuts damage by 50% on ice types in the snow would definitely make ice less uselessly fragile.

Fogs and Haze (should be turned into a weather) should also be introduce for Ghosts (or Dark or Pyschic) and Poisons respectively.

I fully support this event or product.
#8Twilight_SonataPosted 9/5/2013 1:45:52 AM
Who says weather will work the same way in gen 6 that it did in gen 5? This game's mechanics change all of the time. Many have been wanting weather-inducing abilities to follow the same limits as the weather-inducing moves or else only be effective while the relevant Pokemon is out. Who says Gamefreak hasn't listened?
#9bd43Posted 9/5/2013 2:11:03 AM
Nomorice4U posted...

Hail should play more into the current theme of bulky ice types.

Have Hail not hurt Ice types in general and slow all other types by one level.

As for a few abilities:

Ice Wall: A 1/8th HP wall forms each turn in Hail.

Freezer burn: Any pokemon that makes contact in Hail becomes burned.

Icing: Ice, Water, and Grass type moves are absorbed in hail.

Snow Blower: Doubles the effects of Hail.
---