This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pros and Cons of Pokemon Bank and Pokemon Transporter

#191UKGamerPosted 9/5/2013 6:11:24 AM
I am going to list the Pros and Cons of Pokemon Bank and Pokemon Transporter. You may add any Pros and Cons if you like or debate one of them.

Pros
- You get a free trial period to use them at the beginning of it's release.
- 3,000 Pokemon can be stored in the Pokemon Bank.
- The Pokemon stored in the Pokemon Bank can be used in more than one game. That means you can start over and keep all your Pokemon.
- Transferring is confirmed.
- Continuing from the last point, you can transfer over more Pokemon at the same time than you could ever do before. (Not sure if there's a limit of how many Pokemon at one time, maybe one box?).
- Still continuing, this means only one 3DS is needed for transferring from Black, White and sequals.
- Pokemon Transporter is free.
- These features will work on future Pokemon games too.

Cons
- There's an annual fee for Pokemon Bank (unknown how much exactly but 500 Yen in Japan).
- Although Pokemon Transporter is free, you need Pokemon Bank to use it.
- It's online so you'll need to be somewhere where you can access the internet. This is not too big of a problem for most people but some will struggle.
- Hackers might do something to ruin the experience with it (e.g. steal your Pokemon, shut down the server, get personal details etc).
- With it being online, it may lag if a lot of users are using it. Also, it may be closed at times for stuff like maintenance.

There's probably more so you can add any that you can think of as I said at the start.
---
My top 5 Pokemon:
#5 Toxicroak #4 Miltank #3 Blaziken #2 Hariyama #1 Pikachu/Raichu
#2PrettyTonyTigerPosted 9/5/2013 6:14:34 AM
Pros- It only costs $5
---
Females are the greatest beings in the universe!!!
Users who agree: 16!!!
#391UKGamer(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2013 6:24:30 AM
PrettyTonyTiger posted...
Pros- It only costs $5

Yep, not too much. Especially since it's only an annual fee and not a monthly one.
---
My top 5 Pokemon:
#5 Toxicroak #4 Miltank #3 Blaziken #2 Hariyama #1 Pikachu/Raichu
#4bonannPosted 9/5/2013 6:25:38 AM
At least it's not like the XBox One forcing you to pay.
---
3DS: 4313 - 0687- 5263 | AC: NL Town: Aries
#5SpikeTbearPosted 9/5/2013 6:30:14 AM
If the server goes down, it might delete your 3,000 Pokemon.
---
"The most important thing is to never stop questioning." -Albert Einstein.
Xbox Live: AlteraLateralus
#6Solar_CrimsonPosted 9/5/2013 6:34:57 AM
91UKGamer posted...
- It's online so you'll need to be somewhere where you can access the internet. This is not too big of a problem for most people but some will struggle.
- Hackers might do something to ruin the experience with it (e.g. steal your Pokemon, shut down the server, get personal details etc).
- With it being online, it may lag if a lot of users are using it. Also, it may be closed at times for stuff like maintenance.

These are why I wish there was a choice for local storage on your 3DS.
---
http://backloggery.com/SolarCrimson - My Backloggery
The official Okuninushi of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#7ShinySephirothPosted 9/5/2013 6:40:59 AM
SpikeTbear posted...
If the server goes down, it might delete your 3,000 Pokemon.

---
http://requiempkm.blogvie.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TB0WboachQs
#8PedroScarPosted 9/5/2013 6:42:11 AM
there is local storage
---
Pokemon black:4556_2767_3590
#9mudkip72Posted 9/5/2013 6:45:42 AM(edited)
91UKGamer posted...
- Pokemon Transporter is free.

Except its not. Its cost is having Pokemon Bank.

I know you mentioned that in a con, I just think this distinction needs to be made.
#10FennelsdreamsPosted 9/5/2013 6:49:51 AM
91UKGamer posted...

I don't see them getting into the system very easily, but I can see some irate kids attempting to ddos the service. Though being a professional company means Gamefreak can take action against them, at least.

The other cons only really require patience. I guess it depends on how badly you need to access it at any given time, like for competitions.

As much as I dislike cloud technology, gotta admire the flexibility of the system, towards future gens and everything else. Hopefully they take better care of their servers than EA does.