This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pros and Cons of Pokemon Bank and Pokemon Transporter

#51Hero_of_CouragePosted 9/5/2013 7:26:52 PM
People keep calling this 5$ for the addition of an option... not taking into account that an option may be removed: "Free Pokemon transfer". I think they at the very least should allow for a free transfer option, even if it's low tech and more gruesome as a process.

If you give them an inch, they'll take a mile. The guy was right about allowing unethical business practices causing the downfall of consumer interests. Consumers are supposed to be in a constant opposition with the corporations so that they don't abuse them. However, when it comes to gaming, consumers tend to strangely support practices that go against their interest to "Support" what should be a rival, not an ally.
#52Shadow_StarWolfPosted 9/5/2013 7:52:52 PM
Your heart is in the right place, but you're complaining at the wrong people, and applying slippery slope.

Apparently people are fine with expensive monthly fees but a cheap, yearly fee (one you could not opt to use mind you) is stepping the line and is "a threat to consumers".
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZOdcN.png
We Are XROS HEART!
#53SpikeTbearPosted 9/6/2013 1:45:06 AM
JonJonFTW posted...
SpikeTbear posted...
If the server goes down, it might delete your 3,000 Pokemon.

Except that's not how servers work >_>

The hard drive in the actual server would have to fail. There's no doubt in my mind that Nintendo will back up the hard drives.

I'm just a Murphy's Law kind of guy. I've seen things like this happen before. I know some people whose cell phone service stores all of its data "on the cloud." Unfortunately, thousands of customers' data was irretrievably erased, and they lost their contacts and phone settings. I'm not a doomsday prepper who thinks everyone's Pokemon data will be erased. I'm just keeping in mind that it could happen.
---
"The most important thing is to never stop questioning." -Albert Einstein.
Xbox Live: AlteraLateralus