This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

With Drought and giving the first hit MegaCharizard can defeat rock types

#11AzurinaiPosted 9/5/2013 4:54:07 PM
scifinewb posted...
Rock resists fire. so Mega Charizard will take it down now.

Most rock types have sturdy now-a-days so they can live the hit and counter with stone edge, rockslide, smack down or rock throw for the KO.

Even with Solarbeam or HP water/steel/grass/fighting they'd still hang on with sash/sturdy.
---
This post has a +1 to topic killing, +3 vs Trolls and other regenerating entities.
NNID- Azurus MHU- Raiss Team Noir: Ninetales
#12psychoslayer8Posted 9/5/2013 5:05:54 PM
mada7 posted...
scifinewb posted...
Well ok Ground is matched with rock in typing frequently so it would work.

Except none of this changes the fact that if you're going with a sun team you're still better off choosing a drought user that is only 2x weak to stealth rock instead of 4x

Unless you open with Charizard. I feel the biggest boon that MegaCharizard brings to the table is the delayed drought. Imagine this:
Foe sent out Politoed. Drizzle activates. You send out Charizard.
1st turn: Charizard Mega-evolves. Drought Activates.
In this situation the enemy is gonna either be forced to switch, giving you a free hit, or hit with reduced power.
Stealth Rocks is a common argument against MegaCharizard and, while it still cripples how much can be done with him, there are things that can be done to reduce how much they do to him.
#13kaonohiokalaPosted 9/5/2013 5:07:12 PM
do you even competitive
---
"I am champion of Bellator. I am face of Bellator now. Who want with belt? Come on with cage. I am beat you. -Alexander Shlemenko
#14Viking_MudcrapPosted 9/5/2013 5:09:36 PM
Unless it Mega Charizars ups that max speed from 328 to something better or it's scarfed, it will get ko'd right after he gets his HP taken away from Stealth Rock.

Not to even mention the Priority Moves that will still destroy him.
#15BlueodorPosted 9/5/2013 5:12:57 PM
Sturdy = U Mad!
---
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18l24d39d62b8gif/original.gif
#16Viking_MudcrapPosted 9/5/2013 5:13:14 PM
psychoslayer8 posted...
mada7 posted...
scifinewb posted...

Except none of this changes the fact that if you're going with a sun team you're still better off choosing a drought user that is only 2x weak to stealth rock instead of 4x

Unless you open with Charizard. I feel the biggest boon that MegaCharizard brings to the table is the delayed drought. Imagine this:
In this situation the enemy is gonna either be forced to switch, giving you a free hit, or hit with reduced power.
Stealth Rocks is a common argument against MegaCharizard and, while it still cripples how much can be done with him, there are things that can be done to reduce how much they do to him.

Yeah....

Any Politoed as long as it isn't a Defensive one will OHKO Charizard, so Politoed doesn't even need to switch out if Drought activates.
#17BelligeroPosted 9/5/2013 5:15:45 PM
Nice try.
#18LexifoxPosted 9/5/2013 5:17:36 PM
Viking_Mudcrap posted...
Unless it Mega Charizars ups that max speed from 328 to something better or it's scarfed, it will get ko'd right after he gets his HP taken away from Stealth Rock.

Not to even mention the Priority Moves that will still destroy him.

Scarf is impossible because it needs a hold item just to go Mega to begin with. That said, Mega will only boost its SpA, not Speed.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#19psychoslayer8Posted 9/5/2013 5:22:42 PM
Viking_Mudcrap posted...
psychoslayer8 posted...
mada7 posted...
scifinewb posted...

Yeah....

Any Politoed as long as it isn't a Defensive one will OHKO Charizard, so Politoed doesn't even need to switch out if Drought activates.

I have to ask (I'm not a huge competitive player) but does this factor in the reduction in water type attacks from sunlight? I'm sure Hydro Pump would still do a huge chunk of damage, but so would a Solarbeam from Mega'Zard. Considering Charizard is faster than Politoed, wouldn't he be able to 2HKO him. I could be completely wrong, but I'm curious.