This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you think Nintendo/Game Freak are trying to please "genwunners"?

#1henriuePosted 9/5/2013 8:39:40 AM
I think it is awesome that we get 2 sets of starters, but it is a bit unusual...
---
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Permaculture
I also love jazz!
#2javel34Posted 9/5/2013 8:40:52 AM
Probably just getting ready to hype the new gen 1 remake.
---
Black 2 FC: 3569 1730 6208 She would return every so often. Her lips tasted like tragedy, but he could never forget her. How could he when she was always near?
#3FennelsdreamsPosted 9/5/2013 8:41:40 AM
With Pokémon: The Origin existing, it seems they're definitely trying to appeal to first gen nostalgia.

Probably why Mewtwo was the first Mega Evo we got too, but that kind of backfired.
#4SOLDIER_BankaiPosted 9/5/2013 8:43:43 AM
Fennelsdreams posted...
With Pokémon: The Origin existing, it seems they're definitely trying to appeal to first gen nostalgia.

Probably why Mewtwo was the first Mega Evo we got too, but that kind of backfired.

Just imagine if they'd made /every/ Mega smaller and less imposing.
#5ZTIger5Posted 9/5/2013 8:44:28 AM
They're probably mainly doing it out of convenience. There's three ways they could let the Gen 1 starters into XY:

1) Make them obtainable in-game, then tradeable with other players to get the others.

2) Distribute them via in-store/wifi events like the Speed Boost Torchic.

3) Have players send them over via FRLG -> Gen 4 -> Gen 5 -> XY.

So obviously it's just a much easier and more convenient system this way. Make the Gen 1 starters available in-game, make the Gen 3 starters available via events, and make the rest accessible via in-game transfers.
---
Playing) FE: Awakening, Guild Wars 2. Skyrim, Pokemon White 2, Harvest Moon 11
Waiting) Pokemon XY, Batman: Arkham Origins, Titanfall, PvZ Garden Warfare
#6Tigo73Posted 9/5/2013 8:44:42 AM
Meh, this is the first 3D gen, which is kind of a big jump, so they are probably trying to make it symbolic. it´s unnecessary, but since we´re getting 2 starters and an actually good anime, I cna´t complain.

javel34 posted...
Probably just getting ready to hype the new gen 1 remake.

Please no.
---
The man who will steal your candles.
Official Omoikane of the SMT IV board.
#7ManuKesnaPosted 9/5/2013 8:45:48 AM
what is genwunners
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna 3DS FC: 4468 - 2328 - 5925
GT: ManuKesna
#8henriue(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2013 8:47:26 AM
ManuKesna posted...
what is genwunners

People who only aknowledge Gen 1 as "True Pokémon" and the series has gone downhill.

In regard to Kanto Remakes, I wouldn't mind but Hoenn needs some love....
---
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Permaculture
I also love jazz!
#9EstheimasterPosted 9/5/2013 8:49:50 AM
Gen I has some of my favorite Pokemon (not just blind nostalgia, but because I watched the early anime), but I do feel like they're being almost too blatant with their pleasing older fans too quickly. I loved the announcement yesterday, but I feel like it was out of place.

For the second ever Pokemon Direct, it revealed 3 Mega Evolutions of the old starters and Pokemon Bank. I like the new Megas, yes, but I think it would have been so much more appropriate for them to introduce Megas in general during the Direct instead of three fan favorites. I think that revealing Mega Evolutions for the first time in a Direct would have made more sense.

I feel like the Direct's purpose was to promote Pokemon Bank, and the starters were thrown in there as a bit of a goody bag to those who were watching it. It's odd that the Origin special is coming out now and that the three Kanto starters were so heavily featured, but it is kinda nice. Mega evolutions in general are GF's way of paying their respects to their history, which is quite nice.
---
The Official Bulbasaur of Pokemon X's board
Bowser Jr, T Zelda, Ridley, Palutena, Pittoo, Isaac, Shulk, Mewtwo, Robin, Balloon Fight, Crono, Mii, Megaman, Neku
#10ManuKesnaPosted 9/5/2013 8:51:03 AM
henriue posted...
ManuKesna posted...
what is genwunners

People who only aknowledge Gen 1 as "True Pokémon" and the series has gone downhill.

In regard to Kanto Remakes, I wouldn't mind but Hoenn needs some love....

so....people with different opinions?
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna 3DS FC: 4468 - 2328 - 5925
GT: ManuKesna