This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You can keep IVs if you want to support hacking.

#1Sports_MixPosted 9/5/2013 3:12:39 PM
There are only five ways to keep IVs without encouraging more hacking.

1: Make them controllable with Vitamins, no limit on usage.
2: Set it so that when breeding, the baby cannot have lover IVs than either of it's parents. Unbreedable Pokémon are still a problem, but this way IVs are not luck based.
3: Set it so that during a link battle, the IVs of all participating Pokémon are temporary maxed.
4: Lower the range to 10 or 15.
5: Keep IVs, but only use them to calculate Hidden Power. 31 IVs in Speed on your Hitmontop? It's the same speed as a Hitmontop with the same nature, same Speed EVs and 0 IVs in speed.

Pick your poison, or let hackers hack them all because of your stupid system.

Power items? You need a Pokémon with 31 IVs in that stat in the first place, and completely impossible for Pokémon that you can't breed for. So nope.

Individually? A terrible way to show that. Natures, abilities, EVs and Movesets already show this in a better way.

Because you are not supposed to fully control them? Let's make how many players you have in baseball uncontrollable, so that you, and not your opponent, could lose both infielders and outfielders. Let's make who to give a school detention to uncontrollable. Let's make your partner's stats in Paper Mario uncontrollable. Let's make how many pieces you get in checkers uncontrollable. You get 3 pieces, your opponent gets 8. Let's make the knife you want to use randomly chosen between dull or sharp.
---
An user who has been an user on GameFAQs since August 1, 2010. Known as Megaleg back then. Is also first alt of BalloonBattle05.
#2Seto_RyuPosted 9/5/2013 3:19:33 PM
Stop trying to make sense on this board. They won't like that.
#3Tai_Le_ReePosted 9/5/2013 3:21:51 PM
>Assuming people only want high ivs
There are times when you want to be slower than your opponent no matter what and lagging tail takes a held item slot.
Also you don't want hyper defense on a counter user as well.

Your system does not work.
---
>Any Year
>Trusting anyone
#4NewbieN00bPosted 9/5/2013 3:23:38 PM(edited)
3 seems like the best idea.

Tai_Le_Ree posted...
There are times when you want to be slower than your opponent no matter what and lagging tail takes a held item slot.

Hm, hadn't thought of this. Good point.
---
Give me all teh FE D':
White FC: 4428-2451-8791
#5wingblade98Posted 9/5/2013 3:36:05 PM
i'll take 1. i don't like 2 because trick room teams
---
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0mbrb9vpk1rrrqcao1_500.gif
#6DLOArceusPosted 9/5/2013 3:37:49 PM
Even with those five ways, people will keep hacking all day long.

IVs are not the problem here.
---
What do i have to do to set the language to English? because my game is in Japanese - joetendo69
3DS: 4983-5126-3707
#7Sports_Mix(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2013 3:41:35 PM
DLOArceus posted...
Even with those five ways, people will keep hacking all day long.

IVs are not the problem here.

And they would only hack for things such as shinies. You can't stop hacking, but you can minimize it.
---
An user who has been an user on GameFAQs since August 1, 2010. Known as Megaleg back then. Is also first alt of BalloonBattle05.
#8BalloonBattle05Posted 9/6/2013 3:27:54 PM
Tai_Le_Ree posted...

Power items now make the IV 0. If you breed with two, they are both passed down.

Problem solved.
---
A GameFAQs user from August 1, 2010 to March 27, 2012.
Known as Megaleg back then.
#9Second_ChancesPosted 9/6/2013 3:30:42 PM
I don't care about hackers. They can do whatever they want. If they somehow found a way to completely bypass legality checks and started using things like Wondertomb with 999 in all stats and the perfect ideal moveset, I still wouldn't care.
#10DeitylightPosted 9/6/2013 3:37:40 PM
I like option 3 the best.