This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You can keep IVs if you want to support hacking.

#11random_personPosted 9/6/2013 4:08:39 PM
1 is viable if and only if there is also a way to lower them and not just raise them, the rest are not. As mentioned before there are times where you want to be slower so you might want a 0 in speed for instance. On rare occassions you might want a very specific number for your HP iv so that you can substitute 4 times and end up with 1 health(this is an older strategy but it's still worth mentioning. Some times you might want one of your defense stats to be lower so you can optimize the damage dealt with counter and mirror coat. I guess for special attackers you might want to lower your attack so you deal less damage to yourself when you're confused. There might be some shenanigans involving download where you would want to lower one of your attacking stats as well.

Basically what I'm saying is that always maxing IVs or always treating them as though they are maxed ruins some of the more niche strategies of the game. The system of 0 to 31 is ideal, though I do think a bit more control over what you are getting would be nice. The current range is perfect and should not be altered or dumbed down.
---
Bulbasaur is #1 yo!
#12BalloonBattle05Posted 9/6/2013 4:15:30 PM
random_person posted...
1 is viable if and only if there is also a way to lower them and not just raise them, the rest are not. As mentioned before there are times where you want to be slower so you might want a 0 in speed for instance. On rare occassions you might want a very specific number for your HP iv so that you can substitute 4 times and end up with 1 health(this is an older strategy but it's still worth mentioning. Some times you might want one of your defense stats to be lower so you can optimize the damage dealt with counter and mirror coat. I guess for special attackers you might want to lower your attack so you deal less damage to yourself when you're confused. There might be some shenanigans involving download where you would want to lower one of your attacking stats as well.

Basically what I'm saying is that always maxing IVs or always treating them as though they are maxed ruins some of the more niche strategies of the game. The system of 0 to 31 is ideal, though I do think a bit more control over what you are getting would be nice. The current range is perfect and should not be altered or dumbed down.

Give a Pokémon a new item, the Reverse Stone. Then use a Vitatim on it. The stat of that Vitamin is lowered by 1. Problem solved.
---
A GameFAQs user from August 1, 2010 to March 27, 2012.
Known as Megaleg back then.