This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The thing about homosexual characters in Pokemon is....

#41CalciferJenkinsPosted 9/6/2013 11:41:10 AM
FalxXD posted...
zoophilia isn't appropriate in this case.... So maybe pokephilia.

Ah, I see what you mean, I think. I don't think I agree, but I was confused about what you were trying to say.
---
Thank you, gentlemen! Someday, I will repay you. Unless, of course, I can't find you or if I forget.
#42XWolfOPosted 9/6/2013 11:41:13 AM
mnkboy907 posted...
There could be a Young Couple double battle with two male or female trainers. Easy.

This would be enough for me. I don't need walking stereotypes.
---
Woof...
#43l33t_iRk3n_Rm33(Topic Creator)Posted 9/7/2013 10:25:14 AM
SumomoYeah posted...
I always felt Brock was hiding some latent tendencies, and his need to be a complete sexist pig, to throw ppl off his trail.

Oh trust me, Brock is straight.
---
Hey Internet! Sonic!
http://i.imgur.com/QiEb7.jpg
#44FalxXDPosted 9/7/2013 10:35:36 AM
l33t_iRk3n_Rm33 posted...
SumomoYeah posted...
I always felt Brock was hiding some latent tendencies, and his need to be a complete sexist pig, to throw ppl off his trail.

Oh trust me, Brock is straight.

.... James begs to differ.
---
OvO
3ds friend code: 0216-0976-7778
#45NightinanglePosted 9/7/2013 10:39:23 AM
It seems like most things they do in it would be more insulting than not. Any stereotypes and its be kind of rude, anything subtle and it starts fights and I get all mad and offended, maybe they throw in one homosexual character and then it's like "why?" It's pointless then. I don't feel like every game I play needs to acknowledge it,

Mass effect, dragon age type games? Not being able to romance girls would make me mad. (Me3 my only option was traynor so I am kinda bitter on that)

Pokemon? It really doesn't matter because straight players don't really get anyone anyway, except one date. I you can go on dates with friends, nbd. Just as long as you aren't doing/talking about anything romantic, and they weren't.

Maybe if there is one point there is a honeymoon hotel and it has a pokemon tournament for couples only and any of your friends can be your partner in the battles. And until that happens no reason to complain about no homosexual characters in pokemon.
---
SSB4 dream roster: http://imgur.com/DfdocHN.png 45/50 characters---I support for Echo type pkmon gen 7
#46FalxXDPosted 9/7/2013 10:42:11 AM
Nightinangle posted...
It seems like most things they do in it would be more insulting than not. Any stereotypes and its be kind of rude, anything subtle and it starts fights and I get all mad and offended, maybe they throw in one homosexual character and then it's like "why?" It's pointless then. I don't feel like every game I play needs to acknowledge it,

Mass effect, dragon age type games? Not being able to romance girls would make me mad. (Me3 my only option was traynor so I am kinda bitter on that)

Pokemon? It really doesn't matter because straight players don't really get anyone anyway, except one date. I you can go on dates with friends, nbd. Just as long as you aren't doing/talking about anything romantic, and they weren't.

Maybe if there is one point there is a honeymoon hotel and it has a pokemon tournament for couples only and any of your friends can be your partner in the battles. And until that happens no reason to complain about no homosexual characters in pokemon.

Thank you for this!!!
---
OvO
3ds friend code: 0216-0976-7778
#47NewMoonShadowPosted 9/7/2013 10:50:32 AM
FalxXD posted...
This is exactly my point. Homosexuals are only different in one sense, which is what they choose to do in private. It has as much business being mentioned in a kids game as any other sexual content.

There's been a whole lot of couples in the series. Families hanging out in houses together, talking about their wives/girlfriends and what they're up to. Kids who talk about their parents. A gay couple talking about each other in this manner wouldn't be any different.
#48james009223Posted 9/7/2013 11:16:02 AM
Bump
---
3ds fc 2208 4400 1843
#49NightinanglePosted 9/7/2013 11:29:58 AM
james009223 posted...
Bump

Why?
---
SSB4 dream roster: http://imgur.com/DfdocHN.png 45/50 characters---I support for Echo type pkmon gen 7
This is my flame shield.
#50MM125Posted 9/7/2013 12:31:35 PM
empireoffire posted...
I can't wait until homosexuality in fiction becomes a character trait that doesn't need pointing out every few minutes.

This. Here's a thought, what if we just had a house with two male NPCs in it? Don't draw attention to it, just have it there.
---
Oooh, MM, he be tryin' you, dawg. He be tryin' you. Best mind you biiiiiiiz-ness. ~KMA
*triple z snap* ~AluminumTicket