This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The thing about homosexual characters in Pokemon is....

#81DrakoVongola1Posted 9/7/2013 2:57:58 PM
MagikarpRules posted...
GTomahawk posted...
You don't obviously, but it's not really relevant to the topic at hand. A character possibly being gay/bi that we never hear about makes no difference to anything and there's no reason to bring it up.

So, they have to tell everyone they are gay or lesbian, just so we are sure about it? What for? Just so you can tell everyone proudly that Pokemon is a very tolerant game?

Well if someone doesn't tell you their sexuality you'd never know it, unless you have a very good gaydar, in which case can we trade? Mine appears to be broken, and I think I have much more use for it than you (Assuming you're not gay)!
---
Official leader of the Illuminati.
#82Master_Warlord7Posted 9/7/2013 3:17:41 PM
So you're just going to assume that every last one of the super flamboyant characters like Burgh and Wallace are straight?

More homophobic than anything Gamefreak's doing.
---
~~~V Smash Bros Moveset Making Paradise V~~~
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=335316
#83Sloth9230Posted 9/7/2013 3:17:57 PM
Pokemon has Gay characters, none of them are in a couple, but it does have gay characters. Actually, ith think those two guys from D/P/Pt might be a couple. Hiker Andy, Guitarist January ( I think, forgot her dialogue), Elesa, and Marlon.

Before anyone questions the last two.

Elesa will ask to go to shop "where a dazzling cute girl works."
Marlon similarly will only go to a place "Run by a very energetic man!"

That's about as subtle as they can get. Although Marlons seems weird to me XD
MM125 posted...
empireoffire posted...
I can't wait until homosexuality in fiction becomes a character trait that doesn't need pointing out every few minutes.

This. Here's a thought, what if we just had a house with two male NPCs in it? Don't draw attention to it, just have it there.

There's already a bunch of houses that have nothing but guys living in it. Somehow every house with a man and woman is a couple whether they say so or not, but houses with just men are just that... houses with just men.

Of course, straight couples do see a lot more official representation, but being straight is considered a social norm while homosexuals are a minority.
#84DrakoVongola1Posted 9/7/2013 3:24:00 PM
Sloth9230 posted...

Of course, straight couples do see a lot more official representation, but being straight is considered a social norm while homosexuals are a minority.

At least until the gay agenda is in full motion and we destroy you all.

Er, I mean, um...FABULOUSNESS! RAINBOW!
---
#85Sloth9230Posted 9/7/2013 3:26:25 PM
DrakoVongola1 posted...
Sloth9230 posted...

NoOoOoOoooo!!!!!! I don't want to taste the rainbow :(
#86DrakoVongola1Posted 9/7/2013 3:28:41 PM
Sloth9230 posted...
DrakoVongola1 posted...
Sloth9230 posted...

NoOoOoOoooo!!!!!! I don't want to taste the rainbow :(

*Shoves bag of Skittles in your face* You will taste the rainbow! You will become one of us or be destroyed!
---
#87LegoTechnicPosted 9/7/2013 3:32:20 PM
This thread is going to make me look suspiciously at every Machamp trainer I come across.
---
Bane even prayed for Dick when he became Batman. -- Frostbite_Zero
#88james009223Posted 9/7/2013 4:34:39 PM
Bump
---
3ds fc 2208 4400 1843
#89CaitSith3394Posted 9/7/2013 4:53:15 PM
I don't see why this is something that is so hotly debated. As a homo, I couldn't care less if there was a game that left out homosexuality. I wouldn't even care if they put a super flamboyant guy into a game. Those kinds of gay guys DO exist.

A very simple way to incorporate homosexuality in this game is to go to a town/city, build a house, put two grown (wo)men and a kid in there. Their dialogue doesn't need to have anything to do with them being gay, or them being married, or them having a kid together. It would just be a house with a family living inside it. The family happens to be gay.
No big deal.