This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The champion in this game should be your mom.

#1kabigon20Posted 9/5/2013 5:17:56 PM
And it should be very subtly hinted at throughout the game.
---
Brawl fc: 0946-1910-2716 Pokemon Black 2 fc: 5372-8298-8628
Ruby/Sapphire remakes will be part of 6th gen on 3DS. If not, I'll close my account.
#2LuckOverSkillPosted 9/5/2013 5:20:09 PM
It should be your rival, just like Red and Blue :)
---
Poke Bank will get hacked Started 09/04/13
#3Callista08Posted 9/5/2013 5:25:25 PM
I would approve of it being your mother, however being the father would be a HUGE jaw drop.
---
Pokemon Black FC: 3653-9864-6035
Pokemon White FC: 4641-8614-2897 (5th Gen Edits only)
#4DragonofdalzellPosted 9/5/2013 5:27:39 PM
What about a sibling as champion. A older brother that you run into at different points of your journey. He gives you advice as well as some helpful items and hints at your future battle for the championship
#5el_tercer_poderPosted 9/5/2013 5:29:46 PM
Why not your (long missing) dad, given how this series is so obsessed with fathers just not being there and all...now THAT'd be a twist.

Ok, the only exceptions were R/S/E (he was the Normal-type Gym Leader) and XD (he's dead), but you know what I mean.
---
"Many of you feel bad for this lamp...That is because you're crazy.
It has no feelings! And the new one is much better." (IKEA's Lamp commercial)
#6Ice_birdPosted 9/5/2013 5:30:17 PM
That would be kind of cool. How would it work though. Would you have a stay at home dad or would your house just be at the base of Victory Road?
---
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7901-8681
PM me if you register me so I can register you
#7Great_ReapettePosted 9/5/2013 5:30:48 PM(edited)
el_tercer_poder posted...
Why not your (long missing) dad, given how this series is so obsessed with fathers just not being there and all...now THAT'd be a twist.

Ok, the only exceptions were R/S/E (he was the Normal-type Gym Leader) and XD (he's dead), but you know what I mean.

Plot twist: There's already a "dad" at home. Who still believes you're his kid.
---
Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.
#8Sume_GaiPosted 9/5/2013 5:31:42 PM
Dragonofdalzell posted...
What about a sibling as champion. A older brother that you run into at different points of your journey. He gives you advice as well as some helpful items and hints at your future battle for the championship

Is it wrong that I suddenly want to see a Trainer X plot line?

http://www.lost.com/images/Racer_X.jpg
#9el_tercer_poderPosted 9/5/2013 5:33:20 PM
Sume_Gai posted...
Dragonofdalzell posted...

Is it wrong that I suddenly want to see a Trainer X plot line?

http://www.lost.com/images/Racer_X.jpg

I would *SO* approve that.
A rival that's helping you in the shadows who's actually your (presumably dead) sibling.
---
"Many of you feel bad for this lamp...That is because you're crazy.
It has no feelings! And the new one is much better." (IKEA's Lamp commercial)
#10BlackBloodDragoPosted 9/5/2013 5:36:17 PM
*plot twist* the champion is.... BATMAN!

but seriously the idea of a champion being related to the main character by family would be really interesting. Imagine your family being the elite four. Dads the champion, moms the strongest elite four and the other 3 are your older sibilings. A family of Eliteness. :o
---
DarkGun 3DS FC:3480-3950-4456 PS Vita PSN: DarkGun--
''If Stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?''-Will Rogers