This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is everyone so confident the Kanto starters will given early?

#11gladwyn101Posted 9/5/2013 4:51:37 PM
Well, the Professor dialogue from Pokemon Direct seems to suggest this.

"It'd be fantastic if you took another Pokemon with you!"

Then the develop speaking says "So you get either Chespin, Fennekin, or Froakie, plus Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle, to take with you on your journey."

It would seem foolish to say this if you got them after your journey.
---
4e is not D&D, but WoW making a Disguise check.
Pokemon Black Friend Code: 0605-2800-9952; Trainer Name: Solace; First Pokemon (roleplaying): Snivy (Monty)
#12Callista08Posted 9/5/2013 4:52:41 PM
It will probably be around the 3rd or 4th gym. Maybe the 2nd but not likely. Considering we start in Vaniville Town and generally, excluding Rustboro City, we have to travel a few cities to get to the larger cities.
---
Pokemon Black FC: 3653-9864-6035
Pokemon White FC: 4641-8614-2897 (5th Gen Edits only)
#13maslada(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2013 4:56:26 PM
gladwyn101 posted...
Well, the Professor dialogue from Pokemon Direct seems to suggest this.

"It'd be fantastic if you took another Pokemon with you!"

Then the develop speaking says "So you get either Chespin, Fennekin, or Froakie, plus Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle, to take with you on your journey."

It would seem foolish to say this if you got them after your journey.

I'm not saying they would be post game, just I don't see why anything revealed so far implies you get them really early. I get they're making a fuss that you can use them during the main game, I get the professor says "have another Pokémon!" but all that makes just as much sense if you get it around the 3rd or 4th Gym, when you wouldn't bother training up a level 5, as it would getting it earlier.
#14badguyPosted 9/5/2013 5:11:37 PM
isn't there a gym leader who has a mega form schtick also? maybe around that time
---
:3 xbox tag: badguyisevil PSN: AnAngryMarine steam id: iamthebadguy
#15NightinanglePosted 9/5/2013 5:14:54 PM
Tigo73 posted...
The reasons I think this:

-Supposedly it´s in Lumiose, which is supposed to be within the first hour or two.
-The fact that your friends were still following you (and that they were shown tagging along with you after you get out of your house) implies it´s early.
-The wording used when thye were talking about the starters implies that they are basically second starters
-The fact that they are making a big deal out of "You can get other starters!" would be really weird if it was an optional postgame thing.

-Revisiting?
-Cheering you on? Maybe they were bringing you there? Congratulating you on beating the Champion?
-GUNNA START ALL OVER AGAIN!
-Can means able which implies optional, I thought?
---
SSB4 dream roster: http://imgur.com/DfdocHN.png 45/50 characters---I support for Echo type pkmon gen 7
#16ArtiRockPosted 9/5/2013 5:17:59 PM
At this point based on things we have seen, I'm expecting to get the second starters and the Pokeballs. Since G/S/C we always got our first set of pokeballs from an official professor or their aide.
---
This is the duty of the Grim Angels.