This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can someone fill me in with the latest X and Y news?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Can someone fill me in with the latest X and Y news?
3 years ago#1
Preferably in bullet points.

And has there been any news already on how to get the Kanto starters?
3DS FC: 0189-8885-0137
3 years ago#2
Professor Sycamore gives them to you in Lumiose City, implied in the main game where they'd be actually useful. Nothing much beyond that.
www.rpgdl.com
The site Meeple argues at for too much of his life!
3 years ago#3
* Your choice out of the Kanto starters are given to you by Professor Sycamore. Apparently early, but we don't know exactly when.

* The Kanto starters have Mega Evolutions. Big shock, really, but they exist. Their types don't change; their abilities change to Thick Fat (Venusaur), Drought (Charizard), and Mega Launcher (Blastoise), the last of which boosts "Pulse" moves.

* There exists a new app called the Pokémon Bank, which (for $5/year) lets you store up to 3000 Pokémon in a cloud server. The account is tied to your 3DS so you can withdraw from any sixth-gen game, and is supposed to be compatible with future games.

* A partner app (for no additional fee, but requires an active Pokémon Bank account) is the Poke Transporter, which lets you send fifth-gen Pokémon to the Bank, but it's a one-way trip; they can't go back to the fifth gen.

* People are whiny about this because you have to spend $5 on a server that requires maintenance in order to transfer.

* Even though there's a month or so where they're offering the Bank for free.

* There's a new llama-ish Pokémon that appeared in Nintendo Direct for a brief moment.
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
3 years ago#4
* Nintendo and Game Freak are the devil.
* Video games are dying.
* It's out of the question to ask people to pay $5/year for a service that is useful, even though they'll probably spend hundreds this year on video games.
* Pokemon Bank is much worse than any of the real conflicts going on in the world.
"Microsoft is not a helicopter." ~Gerald Ilukwe
3 years ago#5
This is pretty sweet. Though I can see why the uproar on the $5 per year charge.

I will definitely use the one month to transfer my old pokes from Black 2.
3DS FC: 0189-8885-0137
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Can someone fill me in with the latest X and Y news?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived