This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can someone fill me in with the latest X and Y news?

#1KelysticPosted 9/5/2013 4:57:23 PM
Preferably in bullet points.

And has there been any news already on how to get the Kanto starters?
---
3DS FC: 0189-8885-0137
#2MeepleLardiclePosted 9/5/2013 4:59:27 PM
Professor Sycamore gives them to you in Lumiose City, implied in the main game where they'd be actually useful. Nothing much beyond that.
---
www.rpgdl.com
The site Meeple argues at for too much of his life!
#3jayman7Posted 9/5/2013 5:07:55 PM(edited)
* Your choice out of the Kanto starters are given to you by Professor Sycamore. Apparently early, but we don't know exactly when.

* The Kanto starters have Mega Evolutions. Big shock, really, but they exist. Their types don't change; their abilities change to Thick Fat (Venusaur), Drought (Charizard), and Mega Launcher (Blastoise), the last of which boosts "Pulse" moves.

* There exists a new app called the Pokémon Bank, which (for $5/year) lets you store up to 3000 Pokémon in a cloud server. The account is tied to your 3DS so you can withdraw from any sixth-gen game, and is supposed to be compatible with future games.

* A partner app (for no additional fee, but requires an active Pokémon Bank account) is the Poke Transporter, which lets you send fifth-gen Pokémon to the Bank, but it's a one-way trip; they can't go back to the fifth gen.

* People are whiny about this because you have to spend $5 on a server that requires maintenance in order to transfer.

* Even though there's a month or so where they're offering the Bank for free.

* There's a new llama-ish Pokémon that appeared in Nintendo Direct for a brief moment.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#4NeonDragon9000Posted 9/5/2013 5:02:31 PM
* Nintendo and Game Freak are the devil.
* Video games are dying.
* It's out of the question to ask people to pay $5/year for a service that is useful, even though they'll probably spend hundreds this year on video games.
* Pokemon Bank is much worse than any of the real conflicts going on in the world.
---
"Microsoft is not a helicopter." ~Gerald Ilukwe
#5Kelystic(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2013 5:06:00 PM
This is pretty sweet. Though I can see why the uproar on the $5 per year charge.

I will definitely use the one month to transfer my old pokes from Black 2.
---
3DS FC: 0189-8885-0137