This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Groundbreaking revelation-- Pokemon Stadium game basically confirmed??

#1EmptyStar12Posted 9/5/2013 5:59:42 PM(edited)
So everyone probably read this on Pokemon.com:

"....to be maintained long-term so it can provide support for future Pokémon titles."

Of course, I'm sure we all thought of Gen 7 or the third Gen 6 games and/ or RSE remakes.

But none of them have even been revealed or even teased at yet. I don't think they'd jump the gun this early, or even bother posting this unless something was in the works and -CLOSE- to being released.

It can't be used for a Pokemon Dungeon or Pokemon Ranger, because the gamplay is too different to use conventional Pokemon... Plus they don't even use boxes, so it makes even LESS sense.

So then I was thinking about other games that used the PC boxes-- specifically one that allowed Pokemon to be transferred from handhelds into it.

And then I remembered this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5reSINJ9Ik4

Pokemon Battle Revolution allowed you to do exactly that.

Plus there's also this game coming out in the foreseeable future:
http://gematsu.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/PGS-Lucario-Blaz-Teaser.jpg

My thoughts?

This game has been in development for a long time and will be used to boost sales of Pokemon Cloud.
With Pokemon stored in the cloud from XY, this Wii U game will be able to interact with it (similarly to how Battle Rev used DS Download Play to communicate with the DS) and clone the Pokemon into the Wii U box.
From there, you can assemble your own teams via Battle Pass and have them fight on your console.

So what do you think?
Is this what they were unknowingly hinting at? Or do you think it's a completely different title and they have nothing else in the works right now to work with the Cloud?
---
BW FC: 5071 3224 4419.
#2RemixV4Posted 9/5/2013 6:01:13 PM
I think you're reading too much into it, but I also think Pokkun Fighters is in early development.
---
The heart is shaken more by a single action than a thousand words.
#3gladwyn101Posted 9/5/2013 6:01:19 PM
Not so much a groundbreaking revelation as a plausible theory.

Still, good deduction.
---
4e is not D&D, but WoW making a Disguise check.
Pokemon Black Friend Code: 0605-2800-9952; Trainer Name: Solace; First Pokemon (roleplaying): Snivy (Monty)
#4rocky505Posted 9/5/2013 6:04:15 PM
There's really no point in a Stadium like game anymore unless it has an actual storyline like Col/XD. The main reason for those games were to see your Pokemon in 3D and we already have that with X and Y.
#5Rayze_DarrPosted 9/5/2013 6:06:25 PM
rocky505 posted...
There's really no point in a Stadium like game anymore unless it has an actual storyline like Col/XD. The main reason for those games were to see your Pokemon in 3D and we already have that with X and Y.

And for easier online battling, which Gen V had in the main series as well, hence the lack of a new Stadium game.

I would love a Colosseum/XD-style Wii U Pokemon game, though. And let's be fair, the Wii U's sales figures would love it, too.
---
3DS FC: 5327 - 0902 - 3469
New Leaf Dream Address: 5500 - 2146 - 0428
#6EmptyStar12(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2013 6:08:17 PM
rocky505 posted...

I figured it was a mix between having 3D models and fighting them on a big screen on a tv as oppsed to a small screen.

Also let's not forget that those 3DS models are pretty rudimentary compared to recent 3d games. Especially compared to the Wii U models. Those look damn nice.
---
#7EmptyStar12(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2013 7:01:43 PM
bump.
=x
---
#8Flame552Posted 9/5/2013 7:08:19 PM
I was under the opinion the only reason anyone played Pokemon Stadium was for all the fun minigames.

I'd love something like that on the Wii U.
#9thealmightydibPosted 9/5/2013 7:09:59 PM
Flame552 posted...
I was under the opinion the only reason anyone played Pokemon Stadium was for all the fun minigames.

I'd love something like that on the Wii U.

isnt that what pokepark was?
---
NNID - Capt.Awes0me
3DS FC - 2363 5791 6085
#10JKPhagePosted 9/5/2013 7:18:33 PM
Your logic is very self-gratifying. "Well I think it's this way so it MUST be correct!"

It says to be maintained "Long Term" to support future pokemon titles, and then they go on to point out how someone's grandchildren will be able to use their pokemon someday. It means exactly what it says, that it will support future titles, whatever they may be. They don't have to tease or preview a game for them to mention that there will be future titles, it's a given. This is a very long running series with no sign of slowing down any time soon. All this confirms is that they plan to continue making more pokemon games, which we already know.

Pokken Fighters/Tournament has been copyrighted, and we saw that mystery screenshot from the X/Y trailer, so yeah, it's likely that they're going to be revealing some info on that soon, but don't read into things so much and then act like your logic is flawless. It's baseless conjecture at this point. I fully expect to see a gen 7+ and surely some more console games, but I don't think that a simple disclaimer which is standard practice for something of this nature confirms jack squat.