This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If you could make Fairy's weakness and resistances, what would they be?

#1HipsterManPrimePosted 9/5/2013 7:51:26 PM
For me:

Super Effective against: Dragon, Fighting, Dark

Not Very Effective: Ice, Fire

Weak Against: Dark, Poison, Steel

Resist: Fighting, Ghost

Immune: Dragon
---
Nintendo + Sony = Gamer's Paradise.
#2FullAutoCVTPosted 9/5/2013 8:02:24 PM
Super effective: Dragon, Water
Not very effective: Fire, Ice, Rock, Grass
No effect: Normal

Resist: Dragon, Fighting, Ice
Weak: Poison, Steel, Psychic
Immune: None

I guess this works off the top of my head
#3reaverzPosted 9/5/2013 8:04:14 PM
SE: Dragon, Fighting
NVE: Ice, Fire, Psychic
No Effect: None

Weakness: Poison, Steel
Resistances: Fighting, Rock
Immunity: Dragon

Super anti-metagame type.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#4GolurkcanflyPosted 9/5/2013 8:06:47 PM
Super Effective: Dragon, Dark, and Ghost
Not Very Effective: Psychic, Fairy, Fire, Steel
Weak to: Steel, Poison, Ice
Resists: Dark, Psychic, Fairy
Immune: Dragon
---
Official Mega Aggron of the Pokemon X Board
"Face the power of Steel!" - Neal, Future Gym Leader of Chroma City.
#5phoenixflame95Posted 9/5/2013 8:10:41 PM
I'm absolutely against weakness against Steel. As if the metagame isn't already littered with Steel types, if Fairy were made to be anti-metagame like some suggestions here, that's even more reason to pack Steel types and attacks. After all, I believe Steel being poor offensively balances it being so godly defensively. It really needs no more boosts whatsoever to be honest.
#6reaverzPosted 9/5/2013 8:13:05 PM
phoenixflame95 posted...
I'm absolutely against weakness against Steel. As if the metagame isn't already littered with Steel types, if Fairy were made to be anti-metagame like some suggestions here, that's even more reason to pack Steel types and attacks. After all, I believe Steel being poor offensively balances it being so godly defensively. It really needs no more boosts whatsoever to be honest.

Actually, you're right. :p

In fact, if I felt like hitting that edit button, I would not only remove Steel as a weakness but I would turn Ice into a type that Fairy would have no effect on. Ice is probably the biggest antithesis to Steel and Ice-types would greatly appreciate something to be able to switch on other than their own type...
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#7WaenosPosted 9/5/2013 8:18:33 PM
I'm satisfied as long as it is weak against Steel. Lorewise, steel (or, more specifically, iron) is one of the greatest weaknesses of the fae. It would make no sense for the type to NOT have it.

It might also be interesting if Normal were immune or at least resistant against Fairy. Same logic as with Ghost and Normal. This:
http://www.rarecandytreatment.com/comics/1082177/a-normal-approach/
Just replace the Ghost-type in that with a Fairy-type.
---
"Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time."
#8NessEggmanPosted 9/5/2013 8:19:22 PM
super effective against everything except bug
bug is immune to fairy
bug is SE against fairy
---
"Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it."
3DS FC: 2750 1911 5515
#9FullAutoCVTPosted 9/5/2013 8:23:28 PM
Waenos posted...
It might also be interesting if Normal were immune or at least resistant against Fairy. Same logic as with Ghost and Normal. This:
http://www.rarecandytreatment.com/comics/1082177/a-normal-approach/
Just replace the Ghost-type in that with a Fairy-type.

I'm glad someone agrees. The Normal type is often forgotten in type matchups and it doesn't have a whole lot going for it offensively or defensively. It would be too much to ask for it to suddenly get supereffective coverage, but resisting or being immune to a new type would be a great way to buff it.
#10AysanderPosted 9/5/2013 8:26:03 PM
Super Effective against: Dragon, Water, Fighting

Reason -- Arguably 3 of the most dominant types. Furthermore, fairies can, in many myths, manipulate the flow of water, are considered able to outwit/counter warriors, and are responsible for slaying dragons through some means.

Resists: Psychic, Dark

Reason -- Fairies are tricksters and magicians themselves. The other two types embodying trickery, naturally, would be hard-pressed to defeat equally-tricky fairies.

Resisted by: Fire, Bug, Flying

Reason -- Fire types would burn the forests many fairies protect from a myth viewpoint (their fault though, sucking at water magic if there's no river), Bugs are mostly detrimental to the environment, save a few insect types. Finally, flying pokemon would be too mobile for fairies to easily affect.

Weak to: Poison, Ghost, Grass

Reason -- Both more or less unnatural phenomena. As for Grass-Types, aside from "Imps", most fairies are suckers for good-looking forests...many grass types have a bulb or plant-like feature that could lure the fairy to believe it's safe, then try to well...eat them.

Immune to: Dragon

Reason -- Because, Gamefreak.
---
http://s4.zetaboards.com/Pokemon_Dark_Red/index/