This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If you could make Fairy's weakness and resistances, what would they be?

#21Bacon_Man2009Posted 9/5/2013 11:18:32 PM
SE vs everything
weak vs everything
make it so only fairy types learn fairy moves and i think it would be rather interesting
---
There are two secrets for becoming truly powerful. The first is to never tell anyone everything you know.---the Grimoire of Pestilential Thought
#22XandrewPosted 9/5/2013 11:21:29 PM
The only thing I really want is for fairy to be weak to steel, poison and Ice. Each of the needs to a boost.

Also, I'd love to have a Dragon - Fairy - Bug circle, as they are the three "creature" types
---
absence of proof is better proof against than for.
#23sonicfanaticjtbPosted 9/6/2013 12:07:26 AM
Well, here's what I would like Fairy's effectiveness chart to be in regards to what it would give to Gardevoir (my favorite Pokéman )

Strong against: Steel, Dragon
Weak to: Poison, Grass
Resisted by: Ice, Fire, Grass, Fairy
Resists: Dragon, Water, Fighting, Electric, Fairy
Has an immunity to Fairy: Normal
Is immune to: none
is Neutral to: Everything else.

So, Fairy does super effective damage to 2 types, is resisted by 5 types (counting Normal's immunity ), and does neutral damage to 11 types. A pretty decent offensive typing. meanwhile it is weak to 2 types, resists 5 types, and takes neutral damage from 11 types. Again, a fairly decent typing on the defensive side. It is neither the new steel type 'nor the new Ice offensively and defensively. What makes it stand out is its ability to do SE damage to arguably the two most powerful types in the game with some powerful resists. Dragon, Water, and Electric makes it a great defensive typing against special attackers meanwhile Fighting and Dragon resists makes it good in the physical department as well. The types that resists it are all types that many would agree need a buff defensively and its weak to 2 types that will enjoy the buff offensively as well.

And what does this do for Gardevoir? Obviously, these resists are tailored to her surprisingly good special defense. She as is can already survive a specs boosted Draco Meteor from Latios; probably the most powerful unboosted special attack she'd ever take in OU. The new resists that she picks up from her fairy typing makes her a very powerful special tank. Meanwhile, the types that she's strong against means that she can fend off potential switch-ins like Scizor and can do something against dark types like Umbreon. Will she be OU with this kind of fairy typing? Maybe. Maybe not. She still can't take physical attacks worth crap, can't do crap to Blissey other than maybe Toxic her, and there will likely be a fairy type that will be able to do what Gardevoir can do but better... Of course, with Trace, she could have a niche that'd make her viable. Oh, and watch out Dialga. She does 4x SE damage to ya :)
---
"God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy"
"I don't give a damn what other people think. What do ya think about that?"
#24RotomGuy3Posted 9/6/2013 12:12:51 AM
SE: Fighting, Dark, Dragon
NVE: Poison, Ghost, Normal, Fire
Can't hit:

Weak: Poison, Ghost
Resists: Fighting, Psychic, Rock
Immune: Dragon
#25sonicfanaticjtbPosted 9/6/2013 1:08:06 AM
Xandrew posted...
The only thing I really want is for fairy to be weak to steel, poison and Ice. Each of the needs to a boost.

Steel is already a very powerful typing that makes pretty much anything it's paired with 100 times better. It resists 12 out of 17 types. It may not be strong against much (Only Ice and Rock, I believe? ) but it doesn't need to be strong offensively when it's so strong defensively.

Being weak to Ice, meanwhile, doesn't really do much for the typing other than give non-ice 'mons one more reason to pack an ice coverage move. Ice needs a boost defensively, not offensively.
---
#26GhoullyXPosted 9/6/2013 2:13:43 AM
Besides Scizor, how many pokemon in OU do you ever see with a steel type move?
---
"Jokes are like cheese, OK? Sometimes the best ones stink the most!"
#27sonicfanaticjtbPosted 9/6/2013 2:27:20 AM
GhoullyX posted...
Besides Scizor, how many pokemon in OU do you ever see with a steel type move?

Steel type pokémon that do

Ferrothorn and Forretress use Gyro Ball
Many variants of Jirachi use Iron Head
Magnezone uses Flash Cannon
Metagross uses Meteor Mash
Lucario occasionally uses Bullet Punch
And, of course, Scizor uses Bullet Punch

Meanwhile, Steel type pokémon that don't use Steel type moves in OU are Skarmory and Heatran

I mean, given, if we were to look at non-steel type OU mons, you'd probably find none or very few that run a steel type move for coverage. But, as you can see, Steel may be a bad type for coverage, but as a secondary STAB move, it ain't so bad. This is more to do with the fact that there are several Steel type moves that are rather good like Gyro Ball and Bullet Punch than using it for additional STAB coverage.
---
#28sonicfanaticjtbPosted 9/6/2013 6:47:26 PM
Bump.
---
#29Second_ChancesPosted 9/6/2013 6:48:41 PM
Super Effective To: Everything except Normal
Not Very Effective To: Normal
Weak To: Everything
#30phantom6Posted 9/6/2013 6:50:37 PM
To work with Lore?

Steel. Fairies are supposedly magic and cold Iron and steel disrupt that.
---
R.I.P. Princess, Feb. 14, 1992 - June 2, 2004