This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pokebank makes restarting games so much less horrible

#1kingtracePosted 9/5/2013 10:50:34 PM
Now I don't have to shell out for a whole new copy or delete all of my pokemon to play over, I can just plop them in the Pokebank and let them sit quietly while I run through the elite 4 again.

I like this more every time I stop to think about it.
---
I'm an Atheist, and I'm damn proud of it.
If that offends you for whatever reason, shoot me a PM and I'll correct your misconception.
#2Sloth9230Posted 9/5/2013 10:52:28 PM
If we can name boxes, then I'm going to call one a cementary and put all my dead Nuzlocke buddies there.
#3Sloth9230Posted 9/5/2013 10:53:21 PM
Scratch that, I'll need 3 boxes at the very least XD
#4Homie_202Posted 9/5/2013 10:55:18 PM
I actually think the poke bank is a great idea I don't see why people are so mad about it. You could pay $5 or around $240 just to transfer games what are people so mad about no one complains about paying monthly for MMOs its the same concept its going to go towards maintenance and work on the servers. I think its great.
#5kingtrace(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2013 10:57:04 PM
I've already explained in another topic why people who hate Pokebank 1:don't like math and 2: abuse the Slippery Slop Fallacy like nobody's buisness. I think it's a great feature and can definitely see myself paying 5$ a year for it.
---
I'm an Atheist, and I'm damn proud of it.
If that offends you for whatever reason, shoot me a PM and I'll correct your misconception.
#6KuzuryuSubaruPosted 9/5/2013 11:18:42 PM
kingtrace posted...
I've already explained in another topic why people who hate Pokebank 1:don't like math and 2: abuse the Slippery Slop Fallacy like nobody's buisness. I think it's a great feature and can definitely see myself paying 5$ a year for it.

And I still have yet to see why I should like it when I see no practical use for it and am forced to buy it to use PokeTransfer.
#791UKGamerPosted 9/6/2013 4:21:20 AM
Sloth9230 posted...
If we can name boxes, then I'm going to call one a cementary and put all my dead Nuzlocke buddies there.

I think we can name boxes. Go to the Pokemon X and Y website (http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-gb/strategy/) and go to the "Move Many Pokémon" section and see picture 2. It says Pikachu's box at the bottom of it.
---
My top 5 Pokemon:
#5 Toxicroak #4 Miltank #3 Blaziken #2 Hariyama #1 Pikachu/Raichu
#8ZTIger5Posted 9/6/2013 5:40:40 AM
With that much space, I think I'll try to fill it up with EVERY POKEMON, including alternate forms like Wormadon's 3 types and Shellos and Gastrodon's colors. Number the Boxes 1-30, 31-60, and so on for a living Pokedex that I can refer to if I have trouble finding anything on my secondary playthroughs (assuming I do any, which is likely) and have a whole roster of Pokemon raring to go for multiplayer battles.

Following those, I'll make boxes dedicated to storing my friends' Pokemon assuming they don't want to subscribe to PokeBank themselves.
---
Playing) FE: Awakening, Guild Wars 2. Skyrim, Pokemon White 2, Harvest Moon 11
Waiting) Pokemon XY, Batman: Arkham Origins, Titanfall, PvZ Garden Warfare
#9Tempestuous_SeaPosted 9/6/2013 5:43:17 AM
KuzuryuSubaru posted...
kingtrace posted...

And I still have yet to see why I should like it when I see no practical use for it and am forced to buy it to use PokeTransfer.

Don't bother. They're like a series of great walls. At best you can agree with disagree with a few. The rest will never bother trying to see the other side of it.

And starting a new game was never really a hassle for me. I'd have a dozen Pokemon to transfer over at most, and I usually just borrowed my brother's console/game to do it in the past.
---
if my yesterday is a disgrace
tell me that you still recall my name
#10paiprPosted 9/6/2013 5:44:13 AM
kingtrace posted...
Now I don't have to shell out for a whole new copy or delete all of my pokemon to play over, I can just plop them in the Pokebank and let them sit quietly while I run through the elite 4 again.

I like this more every time I stop to think about it.

actually the main reason i like the p.bank. really the biggest thing holding me back from enjoying the game again has been loosing my old pokemon. this way i dont have to. really though ive wanted a stadium esk, storage device like stadium for a while now, aka one that isnt locked to a specfic game cart. and this provides that.
---
.....said an almost 30 year old married guy driving a van around for a living
3ds my fc, 0602-6823-9646, my wifes 0146.9112.0071