This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Legendary Mega Evolutions?

#1VerdikaPosted 9/6/2013 3:08:24 AM
Should legendaries even get Mega Evolutions? Somehow it seems...bizarre to me...that ancient beings of myth and legend, who's power shaped the world as we know it, can be made more powerful temporarily by some trick of humanity.

Mewtwo, I'm okay with. 1, as the original legendary, I feel he deserves a bit of special treatment. 2, he's a creation of genetic engineering anyways, so using genetic manipulation to power him up feels like a natural extension of his power.

I could also see it working with Deoxys, for the same reason, although with Deoxys already having a bunch of forms, it might be really awkward...

But a Mega Ho-oh? A Mega Dialga? A Mega Rayquaza? These feel almost like they would demean the legendaries in question. Especially Arceus. He's supposed to be the creator, supposedly. How do you upgrade from the creator?
---
There's nothing that sucks worse that that moment in an argument when you realize that you are wrong.
#2LexifoxPosted 9/6/2013 3:09:36 AM
We don't really know about Mega Stones or their origin, but since Pokemon are intended to be creatures that become stronger by working with humans, it does make some sense.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#3SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 9/6/2013 3:12:08 AM
Lexifox posted...
We don't really know about Mega Stones or their origin, but since Pokemon are intended to be creatures that become stronger by working with humans, it does make some sense.

With regards to that, GF may have written themselves into a plothole with the whole 'pokeballs limit Dialga/Palkia's power' deal.

It was enough for whatsisname to make the necklace to control them, so I doubt that simply working with a trainer would allow them to surpass their previous power.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.
#4Lucis_FerrePosted 9/6/2013 5:22:34 AM
Well you encounter them at lv47

And then ou can grind 'em till like 100

Even God's only lv80 in the wild.

Just because their divine cosmic abilities get limited doesn't mean they can't work on their fighting skills.
---
'Success rates are but scientific theory. A brave heart will defy any odds!'
'Don't beg for things, do it yourself or else you won't get anything.'
#5GoGoatPosted 9/6/2013 5:44:22 AM
Yeah, legendary mega evolutions would feel too weird. Especially when Rowan implies in Gen 4 that legends don't evolve because its possible they are considered "complete" as beings.

Even if the evolutions are temporary, they're still very distinct from being alternate formes.
---
Official Oblivion Keyblade of the KH3 Board
3ds FC: 1934-0765-5595
#6Riolu-MasterPosted 9/6/2013 6:54:36 AM
GoGoat posted...
Yeah, legendary mega evolutions would feel too weird. Especially when Rowan implies in Gen 4 that legends don't evolve because its possible they are considered "complete" as beings.

Even if the evolutions are temporary, they're still very distinct from being alternate formes.

Things can change in the future.
---
The official Riolu-Master (from Sweden)
3DS FC 5198-2459-7859
#7avenue20Posted 9/6/2013 8:18:18 AM
legendary is already had decent stats and moves.so, no need the mega evolution

its better if weak pokemon like pidgeot, mightyena, dewgong and some starters get mega evolution, at least it should balance a bit.

im glad GEN 1 starters had mega evolution
sadly they had bad design except charizard
#8CakeOfLiesPosted 9/6/2013 8:20:14 AM
Arceus might be like the Pokemon equivalent to Jesus, not God Himself.

Basically an incarnation of the creator in the form of a Pokemon. His Mega Evo could be his true form.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 3139-7420-3142 - THIEF
#9Verdika(Topic Creator)Posted 9/7/2013 8:31:59 PM
Whether Mega Evolutions are created through genetic manipulation of some sort (or as the game would most likely put it, the MAGIC OF SCIENCE!!!!), as the most common theory seems to be (due to the X and Y thing), or not, it would still feel weird.

As someone already put it, Legendaries are essentially "complete" beings. Already transcended to the point where they are beyond being mutated to become stronger. It's why they don't evolve. A Mega Evolution would just feel even weirder to me than a legendary that evolved.

Even if it was a part of what that god was, a god transforming into a more powerful form just seems to cheapen it to me.

Like I said, Mewtwo is fine. It works because of the unique nature of Mewtwo itself, being a sort of "Ultimate Lifeform created in a laboratory".
---
There's nothing that sucks worse that that moment in an argument when you realize that you are wrong.
#10nonoobsfriendsPosted 9/7/2013 8:33:50 PM
Pokemon already makes entirely no sense so it doesnt really matter anyway i guess