This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Legendary Mega Evolutions?

#11TorchicBlazikenPosted 9/7/2013 7:43:18 PM
I don't think Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, or Arceus will Mega Evolve since they have their own items to deal with.
#12SirPiercePosted 9/7/2013 9:58:50 PM
Mega Evolving awakens a hidden power within the Pokemon for a short time. Any Pokemon can have their inner power awakened.
---
Xerneas, The DNAntler Pokemon
Currently Awaiting...SSBU, SSB3DS, Pokemon X, Pokemon Y and Watch Dogs.
#13DeitylightPosted 9/7/2013 10:09:58 PM
Verdika posted...
Whether Mega Evolutions are created through genetic manipulation of some sort (or as the game would most likely put it, the MAGIC OF SCIENCE!!!!), as the most common theory seems to be (due to the X and Y thing), or not, it would still feel weird.

As someone already put it, Legendaries are essentially "complete" beings. Already transcended to the point where they are beyond being mutated to become stronger. It's why they don't evolve. A Mega Evolution would just feel even weirder to me than a legendary that evolved.

Even if it was a part of what that god was, a god transforming into a more powerful form just seems to cheapen it to me.

Like I said, Mewtwo is fine. It works because of the unique nature of Mewtwo itself, being a sort of "Ultimate Lifeform created in a laboratory".

We already crossed that line with mewtwo :l
#14Verdika(Topic Creator)Posted 9/8/2013 8:47:40 PM
Deitylight posted...
Verdika posted...
Whether Mega Evolutions are created through genetic manipulation of some sort (or as the game would most likely put it, the MAGIC OF SCIENCE!!!!), as the most common theory seems to be (due to the X and Y thing), or not, it would still feel weird.

As someone already put it, Legendaries are essentially "complete" beings. Already transcended to the point where they are beyond being mutated to become stronger. It's why they don't evolve. A Mega Evolution would just feel even weirder to me than a legendary that evolved.

Even if it was a part of what that god was, a god transforming into a more powerful form just seems to cheapen it to me.

Like I said, Mewtwo is fine. It works because of the unique nature of Mewtwo itself, being a sort of "Ultimate Lifeform created in a laboratory".

We already crossed that line with mewtwo :l

...Yes...I made note of that. I already said that it works fine with Mewtwo because of his unique nature and backstory, but that it wouldn't work with ancient Legendaries who are more like deities, like Kyogre, Dialga, and Arceus.
---
There's nothing that sucks worse that that moment in an argument when you realize that you are wrong.
#15MasterDarkenPosted 9/8/2013 8:58:32 PM
Agreed with the whole idea that REAL legendaries shouldn't have Mega forms to them, but Pseudo Legendaries like Mewtwo are fine with it.

Also, Mewtwo was NOT the original, Mew was. Mewtwo is a Pseudo legendary due to the fact that it was created by humans and served no purpose in Pokemon lore. Hell, the first series of the Pokedex had no info on it due to such facts.