This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Thing I'm mostly scared of :(

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Thing I'm mostly scared of :(
2 years ago#1
So its exciting we get 2 starters! But I thought of something, recently in older pokemon games we get the saying, "Oh you started with this type of pokemon? Well let me give you a pokemon that is weak against it!" Like in Black/White, you chose Tepig? You get a Pansage!

I guess what I'm worried about is if you choose Fennekin (like me) We may get a Bulbasaur. I'd be a little upset that our chosen starter will choose the Kanto starter we'd get. Because I want Charizard >_>

Not trying to be a Charizard-Thumper lol
---
Official Yveltal champion of Pokemon Y
2 years ago#2
Nope. You get to choose a Kanto Starter. There's no issue.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 3139-7420-3142 - THIEF
(message deleted)
2 years ago#4
In the very direct they announced this, you can see a selection screen where you can pick your starters. Your concern is moot.
---
The man who will steal your candles.
Official Omoikane of the SMT IV board.
2 years ago#5
Oh! Well then nevermind. I didn't see the direct lol so I had no idea, this makes me happy :D
---
2 years ago#6
they didnt give you the monkey yours was weak to, they gave you the monkey that is strong to what your starter is weak to. which yeah sure ends up being weak to your starter, but that wasnt the point.

that said im half glad you choose your second starter, and have sad. i liked what gen 5 did with giving you a pokemon strong against what yours is weak against. just fun. plus i loved the idea of the monkey trio (even if stat wise it they ended up being a bit disappointing)
---
.....said an almost 30 year old married guy driving a van around for a living
3ds my fc, 0602-6823-9646, my wifes 0146.9112.0071
2 years ago#7
paipr posted...
they didnt give you the monkey yours was weak to, they gave you the monkey that is strong to what your starter is weak to. which yeah sure ends up being weak to your starter, but that wasnt the point.

that said im half glad you choose your second starter, and have sad. i liked what gen 5 did with giving you a pokemon strong against what yours is weak against. just fun. plus i loved the idea of the monkey trio (even if stat wise it they ended up being a bit disappointing)

I agree sir. I love Simisage the most! I'm not a grass type fan but.. Simisage deserved the name Rafiki XD and that's what I shall have him named every playthrough O.O
---
2 years ago#8
HunterTrainer72 posted...
paipr posted...

I agree sir. I love Simisage the most! I'm not a grass type fan but.. Simisage deserved the name Rafiki XD and that's what I shall have him named every playthrough O.O

simisage is my favorite too, and i am a grass fan!! i named mine Brocoli
---
.....said an almost 30 year old married guy driving a van around for a living
3ds my fc, 0602-6823-9646, my wifes 0146.9112.0071
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Thing I'm mostly scared of :(

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived