This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question about Pokebank - Regarding Natures

#1DaramuePosted 9/6/2013 6:47:41 AM
Hi guys,

I've just heard about pokebank last night. It sounds pretty awesome and I'm glad that such a service exists (or WILL exist, rather). I do have a question, however.

I built my teams playing through pokemon (Through all the free time I had when I was younger) over many hours as I'm sure all the rest of you have. I'd say roughly 3-4 years ago, however, I did purchase an action replay which I used to change the static natures of my pokemon to one's that are more beneficial (Since I obviously cannot change a pokemon's nature without discarding them and catching a new one).

I have heard that pokebank will not allow "hacked" pokemon to be uploaded, something that is quite understandable. That said, does this mean that any pokemon that I have changed the nature of via AR codes is now hacked? I didn't exactly throw hyper beam on my megikarp or give it 252 EV's in every stat or even touch their IV's. I know this service isn't out yet and nobody really knows but is there any way that I could determine whether my pokemon are safe or not?

Thanks in advance.
---
"I object....for objection's sake!" ~Franziska Von Karma
"How many horse-powers does it have, Mr. Nick? How many horsies?" ~ Pearl Fey
#2mehmetskiPosted 9/6/2013 6:49:26 AM
i would say it is 99,9% safe to say a pokemon doesnt count as hacked if you only changed its nature. natures arent specific to certain species of pokemon. i might be wrong but i think you have a good chance.
---
Xerneas, the gay-pride Pokemon
3DS FC: 4511-0558-9256
#3SilentS89Posted 9/6/2013 6:51:48 AM
Obviously, the service isn't available yet.

But if I had to speculate, I would say your pokemon wouldn't be accepted in the service.

This is because you didn't edit the IV's.

IV's have a relation to natures, at least in Gen4 anyway, not sure if in Gen5.

Of course, it is unclear exactly how the Pokebank will detect hacks.
#4ZTIger5Posted 9/6/2013 6:53:06 AM
We don't have many details on what exactly PokeBank will look out for in regards to hacked Pokemon. I have my doubts it would pick up on something like that, since you did still catch the Pokemon in-game and only altered the code a little bit. It's the people that hack in Pokemon with perfect IVs that need to be targeted; something as minor as changing an existing Pokemon's Nature should be forgivable.
---
Playing) FE: Awakening, Guild Wars 2. Skyrim, Pokemon White 2, Harvest Moon 11
Waiting) Pokemon XY, Batman: Arkham Origins, Titanfall, PvZ Garden Warfare
#5ZTIger5Posted 9/6/2013 6:55:46 AM(edited)
SilentS89 posted...
Obviously, the service isn't available yet.

But if I had to speculate, I would say your pokemon wouldn't be accepted in the service.

This is because you didn't edit the IV's.

IV's have a relation to natures, at least in Gen4 anyway, not sure if in Gen5.

Of course, it is unclear exactly how the Pokebank will detect hacks.

I didn't know about Gen 4, but in 5 at least they're completely random. Irritatingly so...
---
Playing) FE: Awakening, Guild Wars 2. Skyrim, Pokemon White 2, Harvest Moon 11
Waiting) Pokemon XY, Batman: Arkham Origins, Titanfall, PvZ Garden Warfare
#6SilentS89Posted 9/6/2013 6:58:57 AM
Found a post that might be relevant to you.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/989552-pokemon-black-version/58490816?page=1

NeonDragon9000 posted...
Depends. Even something as mundane as artificially changing your Pokemon's nature while touching nothing else will alter the PID, usually in an unproper way. The general idea with Pokegen/Pokesav is that after any edit, no matter how minor, you run the generator that create a new PID.

The PID has a relation between the IVs and the Nature.

So, the question is, did you generate a new PID?

NeonDragon9000 posted...
While perfect IVs does occur and thus is not illegal in any way, it can't occur with all natures or abilities. Thus, there are cases were a popular Pokemon running a popular nature and move set simply cannot have perfect IVs, they must be spread a certain way. And this is why using AR or Pokesav/gen improperly will create a flagged hack.
#713121987Posted 9/6/2013 7:02:05 AM
SilentS89 posted...

NeonDragon9000 posted...
While perfect IVs does occur and thus is not illegal in any way, it can't occur with all natures or abilities. Thus, there are cases were a popular Pokemon running a popular nature and move set simply cannot have perfect IVs, they must be spread a certain way. And this is why using AR or Pokesav/gen improperly will create a flagged hack.

Pretty sure all IVs can be tied to all Natures except for special cases else a lot of RNGs won't be able to have perfect IVs.
#8Daramue(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2013 7:15:28 AM(edited)
SilentS89 posted...
Found a post that might be relevant to you.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/989552-pokemon-black-version/58490816?page=1

NeonDragon9000 posted...
Depends. Even something as mundane as artificially changing your Pokemon's nature while touching nothing else will alter the PID, usually in an unproper way. The general idea with Pokegen/Pokesav is that after any edit, no matter how minor, you run the generator that create a new PID.

The PID has a relation between the IVs and the Nature.

So, the question is, did you generate a new PID?

NeonDragon9000 posted...

Interesting. I don't believe I did generate a PID; I wasn't aware of its existence actually. I used an AR code that changes marked pokemon's nature (You press L or R to toggle to the nature you want) to change their natures and I'm not sure the AR code had a contingency for this, but I doubt it.

So I assume my next bet would be to run my pokemon through Pokegen or Pokesav? I'll have to read up on this.

EDIT: After reading the topic you mentioned might be relevant to me, it seems I am okay actually. Source: http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?14026

Apparently PID is no longer connected to nature or IV's as of Gen V. In this case, I should be just fine as all my pokemon that have had their natures adjusted are sitting in Gen V right now.
---
#9Sebas27Posted 9/6/2013 7:20:56 AM(edited)
I did the same thing you did TC, but I'm more at risk since I did alter my IV's.

I really hope that Pokebank only detects the blatantly obvious hacks. I.e, a Dragon/Fire Charizard with thunderbolt, hydro pump and V-create.
---
"Strike me again, and I shall bury that rod in your spark"-Predaking to Starscream
#10Daramue(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2013 7:45:39 AM
Sebas27 posted...
I did the same thing you did TC, but I'm more at risk since I did alter my IV's.

I really hope that Pokebank only detects the blatantly obvious hacks. I.e, a Dragon/Fire Charizard with thunderbolt, hydro pump and V-create.

Judging from what I posted earlier, you should be fine. IV's (and natures) are apparently no longer related to the PID so there should be no way to determine a hack from that.
---