This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Water is way too OP!

#1Dark_ZoroarkPosted 9/6/2013 6:55:14 AM
Only weakness are Grass and Electric, not even Ice can handle water.
---
ATTN: This user is forbidden to post forever, its account will be Banned in 3 days.
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/user.php?board=1947548
#2CakeOfLiesPosted 9/6/2013 6:59:09 AM
What is it SE against?
Fire, Rock, and Ground? No offense, but those aren't exactly defensive powerhouses.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 3139-7420-3142 - THIEF
#3Hierarchy225Posted 9/6/2013 7:02:14 AM
Plus there's rain, hydration, swift swim..

Yeah Water is one of the best types.
---
The Official Lucario of the Pokemon X Board // Power of Friendship is OP
3DS Friend Code 1993-7813-6870
#4Faust_8Posted 9/6/2013 7:27:19 AM
Water is one of the best types but it's not OP. And even if it was, it's not because of the type chart but because of Drizzle.
---
I'm not against religion. I'm against all bad ideas, held for bad reasons, prompting bad behavior.
#5pokemon2pokerPosted 9/6/2013 7:29:12 AM
F*** Scald
---
A+E
#6masladaPosted 9/6/2013 7:35:33 AM
Water is undeniably the best defensive typing. Offensively it is reasonable normally but support from drizzle makes it probably the best offensive typing too. Poison should be super effective against water, knock water down a notch and poison up, I've thought that since before drizzle was available outside of ubers or scald came to town. Still think water would be the best typing though.
#7ZTIger5Posted 9/6/2013 7:37:09 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing Ice be strong against and resistant to Water. That makes more sense to me than how it is now; water freezes at low temperatures, and you're not going to smash ice by pouring water on it.
---
Playing) FE: Awakening, Guild Wars 2. Skyrim, Pokemon White 2, Harvest Moon 11
Waiting) Pokemon XY, Batman: Arkham Origins, Titanfall, PvZ Garden Warfare
#8ZTIger5Posted 9/6/2013 7:38:37 AM
ZTIger5 posted...
I wouldn't mind seeing Ice be strong against and resistant to Water. That makes more sense to me than how it is now; water freezes at low temperatures, and you're not going to smash ice by pouring water on it.

Actually, that gives me an idea for a new attack;

Chill
Ice/Status
- Power, 90 Accuracy, 15 PP
Changes the opponent's type to Ice.
---
Playing) FE: Awakening, Guild Wars 2. Skyrim, Pokemon White 2, Harvest Moon 11
Waiting) Pokemon XY, Batman: Arkham Origins, Titanfall, PvZ Garden Warfare
#9DarkDragon386Posted 9/6/2013 9:49:11 AM
ZTIger5 posted...

Actually putting water on ice melts it. Try putting ice in a cup of water and letting it sit and see what happens. The water doesn't freeze, the ice melts.

Water freezes at low temperatures and becomes ice. It has nothin gto do with the presence of ice.

I'm not trying to be mean, but I don't see why people keep citing this.
---
Not changing this sig until The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho happens on PPV (started October 4, 2009)
#10CA0001Posted 9/6/2013 10:29:41 AM
DarkDragon386 posted...
ZTIger5 posted...

Actually putting water on ice melts it. Try putting ice in a cup of water and letting it sit and see what happens. The water doesn't freeze, the ice melts.

Water freezes at low temperatures and becomes ice. It has nothin gto do with the presence of ice.

I'm not trying to be mean, but I don't see why people keep citing this.

You are correct, I've been saying water should be super effective against ice if we apply scientific logic for a long time on these boards, but nobody ever picks up science.

Running water is the fastest way to melt ice as the polarity of the hydrogen atoms rapidly takes apart solid water molecules, reducing it to liquid form.

And I've also been saying that ice should be strong against fire because if you blast flames against a block of ice, the cold surface will allow carbon to condense on it, forming a layer of soot which insulates the flames.

If you blast the same amount of water and fire against separate blocks of ice, the water will destroy the ice block first.
---
FC: 0518 8972 2483 (Black) 0046 9893 2351 (White2)