This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What do you find to be the most satisfying thing about a Pokemon battle?

#1pikachu6598Posted 9/6/2013 7:52:37 AM
What scenario is most satisfying to you? - Results (102 votes)
Totally owning a battle.
21.57% (22 votes)
Turning the tide mid-battle from losing to winning.
35.29% (36 votes)
A narrow victory/really close fight.
37.25% (38 votes)
Finally defeating an opponent after many attempts.
5.88% (6 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I've always loved narrow victories. They get my adrenaline pumping and they are really satisfying when done correctly.
---
"Those who ridiculed the almighty Dunsparce shall be it's first victims. For those who repent there ways, MegaDunsparce shall consider mercy."
#2CakeOfLiesPosted 9/6/2013 8:00:10 AM
Turning the tide and narrow victories are great.
I also love weird victories.
I once switched my Ferrothorn into a Droughttales (my opponent's last Pokemon) and let it die, then sent my Drizzletoed (my last Pokemon) back out and pulled a victory.

Of course, getting someone with a Garchomp to ragequit is also hilarious.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 3139-7420-3142 - THIEF
#3reannamatorPosted 9/7/2013 4:02:33 PM
I love come from behind victories. But most battles I have are pretty conclusive either way. Either I'm much better than the opponent or they kick my butt. But those rare matches where it keeps going one way or the other are the best, even if I lose.

I got runner up in a convention tournament a few years ago, and it was down to my Froslass vs her Giratina. Problem was, it was must faster than me, and Froslass won by having used Snow Cloak. That was a pretty epic battle all the way through, and the audience was much more engrossed in it than by the battle won by the tool who brought all legendaries (the officials neglected to put anything in the rules about that).
---
I'm not a GRRL gamer; I'm just another kid who had a Nintendo and never grew out of it.
#417MasterPosted 9/7/2013 4:05:06 PM
Battles that are evenly matched down to the wire are the best. So long as it isn't skewed at the end by a complete struck of luck.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/17Master
#5IVIasterJayPosted 9/7/2013 4:07:31 PM
I love narrow losses. It's easy to win by making a good team to counter any threat. It gets incredibly fun to be losing to an NPC, but close enough that if you had one more attack you could have won. My favorite moment of any elite four was the time I lost to the champion when I was using only my favorite pokemon.
#612fingerJIMPosted 9/7/2013 4:08:05 PM
A Hax-free battle, those are always the most satisfying no matter how well I do.
---
Police don't have any suspects at this time, but they're pretty sure that it was you.
#7_KGC_Posted 9/7/2013 4:14:27 PM
Totally owning a battle.
---
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there."
- Yogi Berra