This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pokemon games shouldn't have starter Pokemon

#21MagikarpRulesPosted 9/7/2013 1:30:16 PM
How about you limit yourself and leave alone those of us who are OK with the starters? Besides, we don't know how far in the game we'll be able to get the Kanto starter.
#22Second_ChancesPosted 9/7/2013 1:31:38 PM
You're missing the point of the starter.
#23Master_Warlord7Posted 9/7/2013 1:36:12 PM
Give up TC, the fanbase blindly praises all decisions and wants no deviation whatsoever from the formula.
---
~~~V Smash Bros Moveset Making Paradise V~~~
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=335316
#24Blue_ItemPosted 9/7/2013 1:57:09 PM
Master_Warlord7 posted...
Give up TC, the fanbase blindly praises all decisions and wants no deviation whatsoever from the formula.

And as soon as you justify your reasons for the deviations, we'll at least consider them. But "I don't want others to have the option to use something I don't want to use" falls a bit flat, especially because his claim of starters being more powerful than most 'mons is blatantly wrong.
#25Gleason037Posted 9/7/2013 2:03:41 PM
maslada posted...
CakeOfLies posted...
maslada posted...
Starter Pokémon should be just that, a Pokémon you use till you get something better. Yellow did this with Pikachu, how many of used him till the end? Limits make a game better.

Someone didn't play Gen 5.
Those starters sucked.

The water one was still better than every other water type you would come across during the main game. The grass type was awful but grass types have always been bad in game. The fire type wasn't bad per se, just outclassed by Sawk or Darmanitan.

Given that you can catch a Staryu/Starmie, as well as the trouble Marlon's Jellicent gave me, I'd like to call BS :P
---
PSN: Gleason037
3DS FC: Eh, tell me why you want it and sure.