This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GF should have kept quiet on Pokemon Bank and increased the price of the game

#113121987Posted 9/6/2013 9:59:49 AM
GF should have kept quiet on Pokemon Bank and increased the price of the game quietly...

I would like to see the reaction of the fanbase then. prolly no one would care and buy the game as normal. -.-"
#2CalciferJenkinsPosted 9/6/2013 10:01:33 AM
But Pokebank's announcement has caused me some small mental happiness. I'm not bothered about everyone else.
---
Thank you, gentlemen! Someday, I will repay you. Unless, of course, I can't find you or if I forget.
#313121987(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2013 10:03:27 AM
CalciferJenkins posted...
But Pokebank's announcement has caused me some small mental happiness. I'm not bothered about everyone else.

Increase price of game by 5 bucks.

Announce Pokémon bank as a free service to all who bought the game.

Everyone happy.

lol. maybe throw in a freebie like a free Pikachu figure with each game to justify the increase in price.
#4Tempestuous_SeaPosted 9/6/2013 10:04:05 AM
Just wanna point out that increasing the price of the games is not an equivalent substitute, since the Pokemon Bank requires an annual fee.
---
if my yesterday is a disgrace
tell me that you still recall my name
#5SirPiercePosted 9/6/2013 10:10:55 AM
Or they could just do what they did and watch and wait for people to stop whining. I can't wait to activate this feature this Christmas.

My current "Vault" is my White Version. It has a couple hundred pokemon from various games dating back to my Sapphire. I was dreading having to trade every single one of them over to my next Vault (X). Due to Bank and a basically non-existent annual fee, I can just transfer them all to Bank and make it my new Vault. Also, I no longer have to worry about losing my vault. My previous vault was lost by my brothers friend "accidentally" erasing it while I was at work. And I am always afraid that I will, physically, lose my White or that the file will become corrupt or something.

Simply put...I cannot wait for Pokemon Bank. My phone's countdown for XY will become a countdown for Bank one XY come out.
---
Xerneas, The DNAntler Pokemon
Currently Awaiting...SSBU, SSB3DS, Pokemon X, Pokemon Y and Watch Dogs.
#6YourLuckPosted 9/6/2013 10:17:51 AM
Tempestuous_Sea posted...
Just wanna point out that increasing the price of the games is not an equivalent substitute, since the Pokemon Bank requires an annual fee.

I'm assuming that most players will use it just once to transfer most/all of their pokemon from B2/W2 early on and won't bother with it until the next set/version comes out (Z/X2/Y2/?).
---
A familiar note is produced.
It's the note Desolation plays to keep its instrument in tune
#7Tempestuous_SeaPosted 9/6/2013 10:18:56 AM
YourLuck posted...
Tempestuous_Sea posted...

I'm assuming that most players will use it just once to transfer most/all of their pokemon from B2/W2 early on and won't bother with it until the next set/version comes out (Z/X2/Y2/?).

Okay, that's fair.
---
if my yesterday is a disgrace
tell me that you still recall my name
#813121987(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2013 10:19:19 AM
I literally spend hundred of hours breeding for the right nature, IVs, and hidden power in Diamond version, YES Diamond version, no Power Item IV passing trick yet... to breed my team of Red's replica. And it makes me happy to know they will still be in play for the next 4 years at least. What's $5?
#9SMASHKING84Posted 9/6/2013 10:21:31 AM
if the game was 45 dollars that'd be WAY better.
because it's only a one time fee.
---
You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become a villain. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfDtJvYrFD4
#10DarkKirby2500Posted 9/6/2013 10:22:20 AM
While I agree people would likely be happy paying full home console price for a 3D Pokemon game, that is not Nintendo's goal.

The goal of Pokemon Bank is to earn money endlessly with a yearly fee for basically keeping a server on.

And people are upset because Nintendo tied the previous gen transfer system to the Pokemon Bank to try to "convince" people to pay the fee when there was no real reason to, not that the Pokemon Bank service itself has a fee.

Which is even better because a large amount of people will pay the fee just for the transfer and not even use the tiny amount of server space they paid for to store Pokemon, making it even more profitable.
---
1. The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him. 2. They're all complacent sheeple.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>