This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should I mention Pokemon on the first date?

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Should I mention Pokemon on the first date?
2 years ago#1
I'm going on a date tonight with a real 10/10 chick. I don't wanna eff this is up. If she asks about my interests, how do I tell her I play pokemon? Do I tell her that my favorite pokemon is Garchomp and that I'm looking forward to pokemon X and Y?

Would I jeopardize my chances of getting some if I tell her like it is?

How do you guys handle this?
---
R-truth Used Somersault Senton!
Miz avoided the attack! R-truth kept going and crashed! R-truth fainted!
2 years ago#2
nothing to be ashamed of my girl knew i played pokemon before we went out. Just be real with any girl.
---
Waiting and more hyed than a hyper beam for Pokemon X
2 years ago#3
StealthRock posted...
I'm going on a date tonight with a real 10/10 chick. I don't wanna eff this is up. If she asks about my interests, how do I tell her I play pokemon? Do I tell her that my favorite pokemon is Garchomp and that I'm looking forward to pokemon X and Y?

Tell her that your really excited about the new fairy types.

Bring a typing chart and ev spread guide. Chicks dig that stuff!
---
OvO
3ds friend code: 0216-0976-7778
2 years ago#4
And sing her the pokerap!!!
---
OvO
3ds friend code: 0216-0976-7778
2 years ago#5
StealthRock posted...

If the girl is right for you, she won't care about your hobbies.
---
A familiar note is produced.
It's the note Desolation plays to keep its instrument in tune
2 years ago#6
If she asks your interests and Pokemon is a major one of them (as opposed to gaming in general), then tell her. Why play "hide the ball?"

If the fact that you play Pokemon is such a turnoff for her that she walks away from your date right there: you didn't want to be with her anyways. Because if it wasn't Pokemon now, it would've been something equally petty later.
---
"Love, hope, faith. The greatest of these: love."
Check out my webcomic! http://www.drunkduck.com/La_Vie_a_la_Mode
2 years ago#7
Your username is stealth rock and your favorite pokemon is garchomp? Wow. You're screwed. She's gonna be a charizard fan.
---
White FC: 2581 1588 9644 // wii code = 1308 9776 3256 7038 // 3DS FC: 4527-7258-1744 // GamerTag: Loftice
Parasect is the BEST
2 years ago#8
Maybe she really likes animals and you could tell about how all the creatures are based on real species and what not
---
Bowser is a Tarasque and Magmar is a legend
2 years ago#9
Try to figure out if she's okay with video games as a whole first. If she plays them herself or doesn't mind, ease into it or let her figure it out on her own.
---
Playing) FE: Awakening, Guild Wars 2. Skyrim, Pokemon White 2, Harvest Moon 11
Waiting) Pokemon XY, Batman: Arkham Origins, Titanfall, PvZ Garden Warfare
2 years ago#10
Dump here. Girls dont like Pokemanz.
---
We are at the brink of anarchy
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Should I mention Pokemon on the first date?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived