This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gamestop Pre-order Bonus for Pokemon X/Y

#1CelesEsperIce3Posted 9/6/2013 11:15:02 AM
I have always been somewhat skeptical of all the anti-gamestop ludicrous posts on gamefaqs, but I just had the most annoying experience at one. I went in to get a 3DS points card and look at old used DS games, and despite telling the guy that I was just browsing, he kept bugging me and asked if I needed help 3 times. Good customer service I suppose, but irritating nonetheless.

I finished looking at the games, grabbed my card, and went to checkout where he asked me if I wanted to pre-order Pokemon X/Y. I said no thanks, so he proceeded to say are you sure there are pre-order bonuses. I hadn't heard of any for this so I was intrigued. His response was that they were offering a shiny Dialga for pre-ordering X/Y....

I blew it off as him being uninformed and told him that I already had the shiny Dialga, so he tells me that I should still pre-order it if I want a copy of the game. He said that it would be in short supply and I would have a hard time finding it anywhere because Nintendo wasn't going to release very many of them. Extremely doubtful since no Pokemon game has been in short supply in a very long time. Not to mention my town has 12 Super-Walmart's, 6 Super-Target's, 2 Big-K's, and 8 Gamestops.

Biggest load of s*** I have ever been fed at a gamestop, and certainly enough for me to cross that one off the list as a usable Gamestop. I have a feeling I will be getting this game from Walmart just to spite Gamestop.
---
I like cheese!!!
#2RemixV4Posted 9/6/2013 11:19:00 AM
I would report him for his lies and underhanded methods to get you into preordering. He brings shame to gamers.
---
The heart is shaken more by a single action than a thousand words.
#3nickwarrior5Posted 9/6/2013 11:20:46 AM
Never happends to me. I allways buy games at gamestop. The guy said "Want a power-up rewards card" I said "No" and that was it.
---
3DS FC: 1048-8814-6431
Pm me if you want to add me.
#4RudokuPosted 9/6/2013 11:21:33 AM
Why report him? The higher-ups make him do crap like that or he's fired. Not the lies about the Dialga distro, but the other junk.
---
Magical Scientist is more perfect than EotS because you get to shoot dinosaurs out of a turtle.
#5RoleOfGSHCPosted 9/6/2013 11:21:39 AM
Actually, tell his manager. Having worked at Gamestop before, we're not actually allowed to downright lie to our customers like that. That guy, even under old gamestop rules, should be fired. No matter how pushy you're told to be, you're not allowed to outright lie.
---
Empress of the Jovian Empire
Mechanical Advisor for Golden Sun: Adept's Refuge
#6Brandon00151Posted 9/6/2013 11:21:47 AM
I pre ordered from gamestop because I already had some store credit on my account.
#7Lone_HunterPosted 9/6/2013 11:22:12 AM
Well I worked at GameStop since before gen4 and I can tell you every time a main pokemon game comes out it is sold out the first day, but is very quickly restocked. Some employees are misinformed about the Shiny trio right now (not surprising GameStop is horrible at telling their employees anything). The preorder bonus at GameStop is a double sided poster.

I no longer work there so I dont know what material they are or are not sending to the stores. If it is like it was in the past employees have to do the research on their own to see what the store is doing.
---
~Elite Divided Leader / TFC: Street Fighter / PBL: Wiseman~
(W2)2924-7521-0718
#8RahjikPosted 9/6/2013 11:23:14 AM
In south MS, it is impossible to find Emerald and anything older on the market. Not even close on Craigslist. Diamond/Pearl/Platinum is in short supply, and Soul-Silver/Heart-Gold come without the pokewalker and are 44.99!
---
Pokemon Black 2 Friend Code: 0691-7424-6296
#9nickwarrior5Posted 9/6/2013 11:23:37 AM
Also, some people had problems getting event pokemon from gamestop but I never did. They never forget. Maybe because mine is crowded sometimes.
---
3DS FC: 1048-8814-6431
Pm me if you want to add me.
#10swordsman126Posted 9/6/2013 11:24:10 AM
Yeah, my buddy went in yesterday to get the Dialga. One of the employees asked if he needed help with anything, and my buddy told him no thanks he's just here for the shiny.

So now this guy asks my buddy if he has X/Y preordered there. He says no, since he works at Walmart he gets a discount so he's getting it there. Well now this employee says "Oh, be careful who you say that to. You're only supposed to get the Pokemon if you preorder."

Which as far as I know is complete BS. I've never seen it listed specifically as a preorder bonus. And how exactly would they think they could enforce it even if it was?

Moral of the story: If a Gamestop employee asks if you've preordered X/Y, just say yes.
---
Currently playing SMT4, MH3U, FE:A and eagerly awaiting Pokemon X
Remember kids, there's no kill like overkill.