This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I really hope that there's going to be more pulse moves.

#1Bullet_PunchPosted 9/6/2013 11:02:26 AM
Because as it stands, we only have Water Pulse, Dark Pulse, and Dragon Pulse. Heal Pulse doesn't count, since it isn't a damage-dealing move. Mega Blastoise's ability is going to be nigh on useless if we don't get more pulse moves.

On the plus side, Blastoise is going to most likely have Dragon Pulse and Dark Pulse added to his movepool, so he's going to have some pretty good coverage options.
---
VGM I'm currently listening to: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - Tal Tal Heights
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtvtZT-PXGk
#2pats2789Posted 9/6/2013 11:04:03 AM
are "pulse" moves the only thing that will work with this ability? Ex. will hydro pump be affected?
#3LuckOverSkillPosted 9/6/2013 11:05:04 AM
I hope he gets Aura Sphere :)

Aura Sphere
Ice Beam
Water Pulse
Dark Pulse

That's a pretty good Move Set based on his New Ability
---
Poke Bank will get hacked Started 09/04/13
#4Bullet_Punch(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2013 11:07:52 AM
pats2789 posted...
are "pulse" moves the only thing that will work with this ability? Ex. will hydro pump be affected?

I quote straight from the Pokemon X & Y website:

"With its new Mega Launcher ability, pulse moves such as Water Pulse and Dark Pulse become even stronger."
---
VGM I'm currently listening to: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - Tal Tal Heights
#5The_DragonwPosted 9/6/2013 11:09:34 AM
Poor Blastoise. At least give Hydro Cannon and Other jet-like water moves a boost. It had cannons. Imagine that using Hydro Cannon. Would probably take recoil damage.
---
White Friend Code: 1764 2206 9014
#6pats2789Posted 9/6/2013 11:10:38 AM
Bullet_Punch posted...
pats2789 posted...

I quote straight from the Pokemon X & Y website:

"With its new Mega Launcher ability, pulse moves such as Water Pulse and Dark Pulse become even stronger."

Huh, seems like a missed opportunity for this ability.
#7ZTIger5Posted 9/6/2013 11:11:06 AM
We need more details on what counts as a "pulse move". It may be a broader classification than it's being made out to be.
---
Playing) FE: Awakening, Guild Wars 2. Skyrim, Pokemon White 2, Harvest Moon 11
Waiting) Pokemon XY, Batman: Arkham Origins, Titanfall, PvZ Garden Warfare
#8rocky505Posted 9/6/2013 11:15:29 AM
ZTIger5 posted...
We need more details on what counts as a "pulse move". It may be a broader classification than it's being made out to be.

This.

No one knew Meteor Mash would work with Iron Fist. So just because it doesn't have Pulse in the moves name doesn't mean it won't work.
#9Bullet_Punch(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2013 11:20:56 AM
rocky505 posted...
ZTIger5 posted...

This.

No one knew Meteor Mash would work with Iron Fist. So just because it doesn't have Pulse in the moves name doesn't mean it won't work.

The reason Meteor Mash works with Iron Fist is because it's called "Comet Punch" in Japan. Regardless of Japanese names, the three I mentioned are still currently the only "pulse" moves.

Still, perhaps the definition of a "pulse" move is more encompassing than just having pulse in the name.
---
#10The_DragonwPosted 9/6/2013 11:21:42 AM
Meteor mash in Japan is Comet Punch. Makes sense.
---
White Friend Code: 1764 2206 9014