This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you agree with this statement?

#11SocranPosted 9/6/2013 12:46:25 PM
Empoleon is a robot penguin, and Emboar is a Chinese sumo pig. What are you smoking? I've never once heard someone even mention Typlosion or Feraligatr in the past ten years, unless discussing who the increased name size should affect Feraligatr's name.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#12LenneValkirye(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2013 12:48:15 PM
Socran posted...
Empoleon is a robot penguin, and Emboar is a Chinese sumo pig. What are you smoking? I've never once heard someone even mention Typlosion or Feraligatr in the past ten years, unless discussing who the increased name size should affect Feraligatr's name.

Feraigatr and Typhlosion are highly valued pokemon in RU and your descriptions for Empoleon and Emboar are incorrect and not very appealing, respectively.
#13paiprPosted 9/6/2013 12:49:27 PM
for me thats farely accurate.

meganium is my least favorite grass starter final form (love its prevos though)

emboar looses points for being the third fire/fighting type (doesnt bother me but i know it does others) plus really it could have been better had it stayed a quadruped.

empoleon is apart of my least favorite starter line. fun type combo, just dont like the line at all
---
.....said an almost 30 year old married guy driving a van around for a living
3ds my fc, 0602-6823-9646, my wifes 0146.9112.0071
#14masladaPosted 9/6/2013 1:07:31 PM(edited)
Dead wrong on Empoleon, probably the best water starter and at the very least more popular Samurott. Only reason Samurott is the most common BW starter is because Emboar is outclassed early and Smugleaf is crap even during the main game. Samurott is probably the least popular water starter overall though he's probably the best water type you'll have access to during the main meat of the game.
#15SuperRup91Posted 9/6/2013 1:07:55 PM
Definitely Samurott over Empoleon. How can anyone not love a badass metal penguin
#16The_Undying_84Posted 9/6/2013 1:12:52 PM
In my opinion:
Venusaur>Torterra>Sceptile>Serperior>Meganium
Typhlosion>Charizard>Blaziken>Infernape>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Emboar
Blastoise>Empoleon>Feraligatr>Swampert>Samurott
---
PSN: TheUndying84
#17MasajubPosted 9/6/2013 1:14:13 PM
Empoleon is definitely more popular than Samurott and arguably more popular than Feraligatr too. I guess it depends on what you mean by popular.

TC seems to put a lot of emphasis on competitive usage, in that case, just go check out the tiers and name to bottom one and you're done. As far as fan buzz and discussion though, I see more people rave about Empoleon then Feraligatr. Part Steel typing is going to make most things more popular plus he's a penguin, one of the most beloved animals in the world.