This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

so like, it says gardevoir is protective of its trainer

#91DrakoVongola1Posted 9/6/2013 3:32:51 PM
Tatakai-No-Kami posted...
Cheesepower5 posted...
Real men take pride in their own strength and achievements, they don't take pride for looking down on others for their percieved lack of manliness.

You sir have failed the test gloriously.

im proud of my strengths and dissatisfied with my weaknesses, so i try to better myself so i have no weaknesses.

that being said, im not taking pride in or getting any kind of satisfaction out of calling this guy unmasculine. he's been doing that to himself.

So are "manly" and "ignorant" supposed to synonyms? Why do people take such pride in it?
---
Official leader of the Illuminati.
#92Tatakai-No-Kami(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2013 3:34:57 PM
SuperRup91 posted...
SuperRup91 posted...
What? did he just say "I have no D***? Because I'm pretty sure that's what determines if you're a man.

you can be a transvestite or had a sex change or something. just because you have one, it doesnt necessarily make you a man. there are other factors to consider.

I know, I was just trying to say that being a man isn't determined by how aggressive or assertive you are.

uh, lol. actually yes it is. aggression and assertiveness come to you from testosterone production. the more testosterone the body produces, the more aggressive and assertive you will become. thats law by nature.

woman produce more estrogen, which is what makes the two sexes different. low testosterone levels are common in obese and/or docile males.
---
the official BAT DRAGON of the pokemon X/Y boards
#93Cheesepower5Posted 9/6/2013 3:37:21 PM
DrakoVongola1 posted...
Cheesepower5 posted...
furygods posted...
chaoshadou posted...
lol saying that kids don't need spankings. Some kids do very well, this is true, plenty more laugh at things like time outs and chores. The older they get, the more they laugh, because the more ways and options they find to circumvent the punishment, they then realize that is the extent of the punishment that they'll receive and realize that it's not that bad, not even that, but it becomes humorous.

What follows is that your teachings have far less impact because they carry little weight with them. Then they're gonna go out in the real world and try to pull the same **** they did with you and find out exactly how unforgiving that world really is, the hard way. I look back on myself when I was younger and realize I was positively bratty and deserved at least a good 2/3 of the spankings I got. I can only debate that last 1/3 and even then it'd be iffy on my part. I can only imagine the bad **** I'd be into and the people I'd be hanging with right now if my parents hadn't slapped me silly as often as they did.

All men are born with a mind.

They follow their parents' example.

Hitting them is not the way.

Violence is not the way.

You need to care for them, talk with them, and they would grow to stand beside you, to love you as a child - parent relationship.

Those who fail to do that rely on violence.

Hitting a defenseless child is violence.

I do not encourage violence.

If they want a real fight, the parent should wait till the child grows into a adult capable of holding a 1 on 1 fight and then fight.

But just hitting the child? That's violence.

And those who does such things deserve to go to jail.

Nobody deserves to got jail, man... Don't even say that. Not only has it been proven to be ineffective as a deterrent in the same way as spanking or what have you has... It's also just a twisted way for rich corporations in the US to make even more money by ruining people's lives (especially black people, who statistically are sentenced more for equivalent crimes.) In my opinion, even the death sentence is better than jail. Having that "everyone should go to jail" attitude just puts more money into those bastards' pockets.

The death penalty costs even more money...

Some people deserve to go to jail, it's incredibly stupid to say nobody deserves jail. The way the US does it does not work, though, it's a failure. It should focus more on recreation, which seems to have a very good track record (IIRC Norway, I think it is, has very low crime rates and their system is based on recreation, as opposed to America extremely high crime rates)

The death penalty costs more, but as far as I know, it doesn't go into anybody's pockets (correct me if I'm wrong.)

I think there's a better alternative than throwing them in a cell. I don't currently have one, and I won't be campaigning to close any jails in the mean time, but I think it surely exists. I don't think abybody deserves to be threatened with probable rape, societal alienation and poor living conditions. Some prisons aren't as bad, but I still think saying it's deserved flies against the morally above-it-all attitude of the people who usually make the claim. :/ There's exceptions, sure. But not for people in fury's example.
---
We are the champions, but me most of all!
Official Eikichi Mishina of all MegaTen boards.
#94Tatakai-No-Kami(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2013 3:37:29 PM
DrakoVongola1 posted...
So are "manly" and "ignorant" supposed to synonyms? Why do people take such pride in it?

well, i would rather be an ignorant meat head than a wimp, so i suppose thats how it is. of course, just because someone has muscles doesnt make them stupid.
---
#95DrakoVongola1Posted 9/6/2013 3:38:51 PM
DrakoVongola1 posted...

well, i would rather be an ignorant meat head than a wimp, so i suppose thats how it is. of course, just because someone has muscles doesnt make them stupid.

I will never understand this, why would one WISH to be an idiot?

I never said you were stupid because you had muscles (I doubt you do), there are other reasons.
---
#96Cheesepower5Posted 9/6/2013 3:43:14 PM
Cheesepower5 posted...
Real men take pride in their own strength and achievements, they don't take pride for looking down on others for their percieved lack of manliness.

You sir have failed the test gloriously.

im proud of my strengths and dissatisfied with my weaknesses, so i try to better myself so i have no weaknesses.

that being said, im not taking pride in or getting any kind of satisfaction out of calling this guy unmasculine. he's been doing that to himself.

Then don't look down on others for being unmanly. There's no use of it, and they can live how they want. There's being a manly man, and there's being plain arrogant. Arrogance shows a lack of thoughtfulness, and thoughtfulness is certainly a desirable trait in the manly as well. The quality of a good leader. To display such arrogance makes you little more than a boy, regardless of your strength or achievements.

Oh, and looking down on those with womanly qualities is rather silly as well. The role of womanly qualities exists for a reason, and they should be viewed just as highly. The hunters and the gatherers both existed for a reason, because they were both important.
---
#97Tatakai-No-Kami(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2013 3:43:27 PM
how you perceive intelligence is completely up to you. just keep in mind that academics arent everything. honestly, the importance of an education beyond a high school degree is being WAY overstressed these days. college isnt really all that important. universities just want to take your money for 4 years so they can hand you a piece of paper that says "hi, i spent all my money getting here, now can you give me a job so i can make it back?"
---
#98DrakoVongola1Posted 9/6/2013 3:45:31 PM
how you perceive intelligence is completely up to you. just keep in mind that academics arent everything. honestly, the importance of an education beyond a high school degree is being WAY overstressed these days. college isnt really all that important. universities just want to take your money for 4 years so they can hand you a piece of paper that says "hi, i spent all my money getting here, now can you give me a job so i can make it back?"

Education is quite important, really. The fact that you disagree with this says a lot.
---
#99Tatakai-No-Kami(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2013 3:47:35 PM
difference of opinion. i dont value education as highly as you do. but thats all there is to that. does that make me unintelligent? who knows. i dont pretend to be smart when i know im not. but i know all that i need to know to do what i need to.
---
#100Cheesepower5Posted 9/6/2013 3:48:57 PM
DrakoVongola1 posted...

Education is quite important, really. The fact that you disagree with this says a lot.

Eh, the importance of colleges and universities is quite overstated. It's certainly a valid life path to want to take a trade or follow your own path instead. There's something to be said for it. Especially if you then pursue learning on your own time.

"You didn't like school, but you know you're nobody's fool."
---