This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you use Pokegen mainly because the IV system is so messed up?

#31RoleOfGSHCPosted 9/6/2013 11:21:12 PM
I still hold a firm belief that anyone who cheats in a game with a multiplayer mode of any kind should be taken out onto the streets and shot as an example.

Yes. This includes pokegenners.
---
Empress of the Jovian Empire
Mechanical Advisor for Golden Sun: Adept's Refuge
#32deoxyscyclonePosted 9/7/2013 12:04:48 AM
I use Pokesav or PokeGen for IVs mainly for one-time Pokemon (Legendaries, Events, special ones, etc.) or if I want to make up a competitive team in-game. I try to do it legit when I can, but I have so little free time nowadays that I have little choice unless I want to get way too little done each day...
---
http://nightsbeta09.deviantart.com/
I'm also a Let's Player on YouTube! I LP my favorite games! http://www.youtube.com/user/BetaNights
#33Wout4442Posted 9/7/2013 12:20:11 AM
The only time I use it is for nicknaming Pokemon for which I no longer have the save data or those from previous gens that I want to keep. Also resetting EV's or assigning them to Pokemon which are hard to train (Wobbuffet). I'd rather not poke in my Pokemon's (pun....) data in case I mess up and lose the ability to transfer that Pokemon or use it online.

I also use it to check IV's to see if I have breed or captured useful Pokemon.
---
Meh....
#34FennelsdreamsPosted 9/7/2013 12:28:59 AM
Yes. IVs aren't fun at all. At least EVs can be freely manipulated, and nature doesnt take that long to get with a fairly limited number of them.

IVs require a goat sacrifice.
#35kaonohiokalaPosted 9/7/2013 12:30:54 AM
If you voted the third option, you're wrong.
---
"I am champion of Bellator. I am face of Bellator now. Who want with belt? Come on with cage. I am beat you. -Alexander Shlemenko
#36sonicfanaticjtbPosted 9/7/2013 1:11:55 AM
KeeperOfShadows posted...
Not really, I'm just lazy.

---
"God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy"
"I don't give a damn what other people think. What do ya think about that?"
#37GensokyoPosted 9/7/2013 1:12:54 AM
No, I use Pokégen to get access to those idiotic event only Pokémon that don't even get released where I live.

Seriously, why should only some people be allowed to have certain Pokémon?