This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wow..who doesn't milk customers anymore?

#1TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 9/6/2013 4:41:00 PM
Pay money to transfer Pokemon? Really? Yeah I know it's 5 bucks a year or whatever but you all need to stand for something before you fall for anything.

Look at Call of Duty. "It's only 10 bucks each for 2 map packs! That's a meal at a restaurant!" Now they're 15 bucks each for four map packs while we get piece of crap maps with the disc.

The price will go up and the quality will go down eventually, mark my words. Then you'll come here telling us how 30 bucks is nothing because you spend more going on a date or some bs like that. Don't be so weak-minded.
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#2jayman7Posted 9/6/2013 4:47:14 PM(edited)
Sigh. Look. It's a server. Servers have maintenance fees. The only way they could provide this service (which isn't a transfer system, BTW) is either charging a fee or showing ads. Ads + 3DS game = LOLno. This is not DLC. This could not be provided on the game card (well, okay, in theory the app could, but you'd have to pay for the service anyway - it has not been stated that the Bank app itself costs a dime aside from the activation fee, and it probably doesn't). Though they could provide a storage app that saves to an SD card, it would make it easier to hack and clone Pokémon and would be harder to maintain (and would probably cost a fee anyway).
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#3Rad_DudesmanPosted 9/6/2013 4:44:01 PM
Servers aren't free, son
---
The official rad dude of the Pokemon X board.
Blaze the Cat is cool. People who agree: 1
#4Sloth9230Posted 9/6/2013 4:44:04 PM
That is the right as producers/developers. It's my right to say no and keep my wallet in my pocket. No one forces you to buy anything.
#5jayman7Posted 9/6/2013 4:45:59 PM
Sloth9230 posted...
That is the right as producers/developers. It's my right to say no and keep my wallet in my pocket. No one forces you to buy anything.

And that too.
---
#6TJ_UNLIMITED(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2013 4:46:01 PM
jayman7 posted...
Sigh. Look. It's a server. Servers have maintenance fees. The only way they could provide this service (which isn't a transfer system, BTW) is either charging a fee or showing ads. Ads + 3DS game = LOLno. This is not DLC. This could not be provided on the game card in any way. Though they could provide a storage app, it would make it easier to hack and clone Pokémon and would be harder to maintain (and would probably cost a fee anyway).

Ohhhhh you mean like the server maintenance fees we were charged to play on the Battlefield 3 servers?

Oh wait...
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#7ChaosMew161Posted 9/6/2013 4:46:55 PM
Bro, it's a server. Which costs big dollars. The only other way to do this would to show ads on the app. Ads+3DS = not in the deepest fiery pits.

I'm wondering, though, if this fee was put in place to offset some of the losses to Nintendo the Wii U's causing right now...
---
When it comes to Pokemon, I like Generation V over Generation I. Flame me.
3DS Friend Code: 2406-5121-4760 (PM me if you added me with your FC!)
#8TJ_UNLIMITED(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2013 4:47:56 PM
Sloth9230 posted...

I love this "no one forces you to..." argument as if I said anything about being forced to pay for it. I'm giving a reason why people should ore with their wallet and refuse to pay for it. Sorry if that wasn't clear, I mean I did my best.
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#9jayman7Posted 9/6/2013 4:49:36 PM(edited)
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
jayman7 posted...
Sigh. Look. It's a server. Servers have maintenance fees. The only way they could provide this service (which isn't a transfer system, BTW) is either charging a fee or showing ads. Ads + 3DS game = LOLno. This is not DLC. This could not be provided on the game card in any way. Though they could provide a storage app, it would make it easier to hack and clone Pokémon and would be harder to maintain (and would probably cost a fee anyway).

Ohhhhh you mean like the server maintenance fees we were charged to play on the Battlefield 3 servers?

Oh wait...

Storage servers. Your comparison is unfair because the GTS and PSS are still free.
---
#10KitarooPosted 9/6/2013 4:48:52 PM
Paying full price for Shadow the hedgehog like I did is far worse...
You know, it's 5 dollars...it may be cheaper. Use the trial that will be available, or just use the service during the first year... It's something that doesn't make part of the game, and demandas maintenance, therefore, if you want the service, you need to pay for it.

Do I want it for free? Yes. Is it free? No. Like everything else in life.
---
Currently playing : ACNL / M&LDT