This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How good do you think MegaBlastoise will be?

#1ThePokeMan98Posted 9/6/2013 9:04:13 PM
On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being awful and 10 being perfect, how good will he be? - Results (98 votes)
8.16% (8 votes)
1.02% (1 votes)
1.02% (1 votes)
7.14% (7 votes)
4.08% (4 votes)
14.29% (14 votes)
22.45% (22 votes)
25.51% (25 votes)
2.04% (2 votes)
14.29% (14 votes)
This poll is now closed.
What we Know:

-He will have the new ability, Mega Launcher

-Mega Launcher boosts the power of pulse-type moves.

-MegaBlastoise/Blastoise is only confirmed to learn Water Pulse.

-No stat changes have been confirmed.

-Specifics on how much of a boost his ability grants is unknown.

Ideas as to what could happen:

-Blastoise may get a boost to his special attack, since he gets an offensive ability and is not really a naturally offensive pokemon.

-More pulse moves may be added to Blastoise's movepool, to further complement Mega Launcher (Dark pulse is implied in the description).

-Mega Launcher may only power up pulse moves slightly, like Iron Fist, or may be like Adaptability or Hustle.

I really hope MegaBlastoise ends up being good competitively. Blastoise needed a push. Now he got it. It's just a matter of if they used their chance wisely...
---
It's more important to master the cards you're holding than to complain about the ones your opponents dealt. - Grimsley
#2LightHawKnightPosted 9/6/2013 9:09:38 PM
Wonder if they made any new pulse moves to better use that ability.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#3ThePokeMan98(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2013 9:12:07 PM
LightHawKnight posted...
Wonder if they made any new pulse moves to better use that ability.

Dunno.

They most likely did. At least a fairy-type pulse move.
---
It's more important to master the cards you're holding than to complain about the ones your opponents dealt. - Grimsley
#4Arcanine2009Posted 9/6/2013 11:05:13 PM
WIthout no status boost, and only confirmed to boost like 3 pulse moves(dragon/dark/water pulse), definitely not worth using. and would be better off with Blastoise regular form and an another item IMO.
---
Nintendo Network ID: sselemanrm
Less is more. Everything you want, isn't everything you need.
#5Alty1Posted 9/6/2013 11:09:46 PM
Dunno, I think Rain Dish spinner is still gonna have more utility unless the boost is really substantial.
#6morgoth834Posted 9/6/2013 11:11:34 PM
Arcanine2009 posted...
WIthout no status boost, and only confirmed to boost like 3 pulse moves(dragon/dark/water pulse), definitely not worth using. and would be better off with Blastoise regular form and an another item IMO.

This really.
#7Luigi playerPosted 9/6/2013 11:22:26 PM
As of now he does seem to be not too good and Rain Dish is definitely better, arguably even Torrent...

Even if MegaLauncher boosts Water Pulse to x2. If he doesn't have any stat increases (which seems the most likely atm) and no new good strong Water move or other good Water moves getting boosted by his ability it doesn't look well for him. I kinda hope the ones without any mentioned stat increases will still have some even if just slightly...

If Mega Launcher boosts these moves x3 it would be pretty good, but that doesn't seem too likely to me right now... even though it's name has "Mega" in it... so we'll see. I doubt they'll just give him weak moves boosted and nothing else for a Mega form. So I still have hope for him.
---
I'm a the Luigi master!
www.freewebs.com/luigi_player/
#8Rad_DudesmanPosted 9/6/2013 11:23:22 PM
Unless it gets a Special Attack boost, Mega Launcher won't be very useful for it, as Blastoise is only good for using Rapid Spin
---
The official rad dude of the Pokemon X board.
Blaze the Cat is cool. People who agree: 1
#9Arcanine2009Posted 9/7/2013 10:48:56 PM
3X will never happen.

I'm guessing 1.5x to 2.0X. 2X is actually pretty good. Hopefully it boosts hydro pump.

Desperately needs a stat boost, like special attack increase.
---
Nintendo Network ID: sselemanrm
Less is more. Everything you want, isn't everything you need.
#10jibbjabbPosted 9/8/2013 12:43:17 AM
Arcanine2009 posted...

No confirmed stat boost.

Thinking he won't get one is stupid.