This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Noctowl needs love.

#1JarickoPosted 9/6/2013 9:30:22 PM
Title should give you a decent idea. While i am usually one who does not typically think all pokemon need an evolution or need a 3rd stage. Kinda feel like noctowl even in 2nd gen was a bit lacking. It needed some kind of boost, and anymore its even further down the totem poll to to really not having anything going for it.

I kinda feel its one of the few who honestly deserves a stage 3 upgrade. Anyone else agree? Disagree?
---
I like Lances!
#2PK_NessPosted 9/6/2013 9:31:59 PM
Sure, why not.
I don't particularly care for it
---
3DS FC : 2766-8491-1378
#3Hanon623Posted 9/6/2013 9:36:35 PM
Noctowl has psychic moves without actually being the psychic type it's an interesting bird just not a good one.
#4Jaricko(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2013 9:39:25 PM
Hanon623 posted...
Noctowl has psychic moves without actually being the psychic type it's an interesting bird just not a good one.

It was good at beating morty. Otherwise its never really been good.
---
I like Lances!
#5Shadow_CharzardPosted 9/6/2013 9:42:38 PM
It really, really does.

I like Noctowl, and its Special stats are pretty good. It's just...Flying-Types tend to attract Special attacks, and even with the good SpDef and great HP, it isn't taking any BoltBeams too well. Besides, its Def is pitiful and can't say much for either of its attacking stats, either. It deserves some sort of serious buff. Maybe an actual evolution; I'd LOVE to see Noctowl with Eviolite.
#6Hanon623Posted 9/6/2013 9:42:51 PM
If you're talking anime, it wins for being a shiny. It also had a better showing than Donphan against Conway (actually a better overall showing than any of Ash's birds in that league). The only time it had a bad loss was against Steelix. Steel resists normal, flying, and psychic what did you expect Noctowl to do?
#7Sume_GaiPosted 9/6/2013 9:44:52 PM
I adore noctowl for being my go to 'mon to stomp Bugsy, Whitney (Miltank seemed insanely vulnerable to hypnosis) and Chuck way back when. I'd love to see Noctowl given a bit of a boost as in retrospect it;s pretty obvious I was giving that owl more credit than s/he really deserved.

In the end though I'd expect an all new owl pokemon before we see any updates to Noctowl.
#8Jaricko(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2013 9:54:32 PM
What is kinda sad is in the same generation they added noctowl they also added skarmory and crobat which by far outshine noctowl at almost everything. Also i thought of throwing hyper beam on noctowl for the story and realized. In gen 2 normal was physical. Meaning it did not even have a good special stab normal move. Not really sure what flying was in gen 2 so cannot really say anything on the subject of that.
---
I like Lances!
#9reflectivesPosted 9/6/2013 10:00:26 PM
Let it become a Flying/ Psychic with high speed and special attack.
#10Jaricko(Topic Creator)Posted 9/7/2013 9:02:22 AM
reflectives posted...
Let it become a Flying/ Psychic with high speed and special attack.

I would actually prefer it if they just upped the stats. They do not need to change noctowl's identity all together. An evolution that keeps into the same sort of theme of noctowl just better. High special defense, maybe 100 special attack, good hp, moderate but not great speed ( maybe like 85 speed. )

And a new ability for the final stage.
---
I like Lances!