This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do some fans get mad when you compare Ash and Gary to Red and Blue?

#11YourLuckPosted 9/7/2013 10:12:54 AM
SlimeStack posted...
They are the same people though. They exist in different canon so they act different and whatnot, but Ash, game Red, the upcoming anime Red and all the manga Reds are the same protagonist from Pallet Town that's set on winning the Pokémon League and beating Team Rocket.

Don't split hairs. Since they're each from a separate continuity, they're different people. Ash is obviously based on Game Red, while Manga Red is also based on Game Red.
---
A familiar note is produced.
It's the note Desolation plays to keep its instrument in tune
#12kakashik99992Posted 9/7/2013 10:14:02 AM
SlimeStack posted...
They are the same people though. They exist in different canon so they act different and whatnot, but Ash, game Red, the upcoming anime Red and all the manga Reds are the same protagonist from Pallet Town that's set on winning the Pokémon League and beating Team Rocket.

Not really at least PO Red and Ash are completely different since PO Red has the updated design with different haircolor, has a clothes design that Ash never had, choose a charmander while game gen II/IV Red uses his yellow team among other things so PO Red is actually a completely different char than the other two
---
My pokemon run http://thepunchlineismachismo.com/archives/150
#13SlimeStackPosted 9/7/2013 10:16:26 AM
So would you two consider Pallet Town in the anime and Pallet Town in the Adventures manga to be two completely different towns?

I see little reason to nitpick about them being so different.
---
Blah.
#14Phantom_NookPosted 9/7/2013 10:16:40 AM
Ash/Gary are obviously based on Red/Blue, so it's easy to compare them.
---
1 universe, 8 planets, 204 countries, 804 islands, 7 seas, 7 billion people and it is JUST you. - PhaseSlaethe
#15Hvv0l24n9Posted 9/7/2013 10:19:54 AM
Who's Red again?
---
PSN: Iquan_5 XBL: VASH Iquan
Hey...would you say I became a hero?
#16CakeOfLiesPosted 9/7/2013 10:22:12 AM
Hvv0l24n9 posted...
Who's Red again?

---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 3139-7420-3142 - THIEF
#17XWolfOPosted 9/7/2013 10:24:05 AM(edited)
Yeah, they do.

I find it incredibly stupid when people say thing like "Ash is Red". They're different people from different universes. Sure, Ash and Gary are based on Red and Blue, but that doesn't make them Red and Blue.

But, to be honest, it doesn't really bother me that much, so it's not like I'd go and argue with people over it.

Also, I laugh at people who get angry over just a simple comparison of the characters.
---
Woof...
#18MagikarpRulesPosted 9/7/2013 10:35:11 AM
For me, they are different characters. You can compare them if you want, but they have enough differences to be considered independent characters. If we are going to nitpick, then let's just say that they are not the same characters by virtue of not being even named the same.
#19Hierarchy225Posted 9/7/2013 10:36:21 AM
SlimeStack posted...

They. Are. Not. The. Same.

Especially not Ash.
---
The Official Lucario of the Pokemon X Board // Power of Friendship is OP
3DS Friend Code 1993-7813-6870
#20MaplesGrandGMPosted 9/7/2013 10:38:43 AM
Gary and Blue are more similar, I can live with their comparisons, as I like both characters. A simple comparison isn't a big deal, cause comparisons aren't saying "this character is that character."

Comparing Ash to Red, is like comparing Apples to Oranges. You can do it, but wth is the point. Apples to Oranges is a bad example though, cause apples and oranges are good. Ash isn't, but Red is amazing.