This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do people want Charizard to be dragon type so bad?

#41XandrewPosted 9/9/2013 6:59:51 AM
Butthurt Charizard fans. No one else cares what its type is.
---
absence of proof is better proof against than for.
#42Vito219Posted 9/9/2013 7:04:40 AM
Because Dragon/Fire with Drought and increased Special Attack, would be ridiculous. They probably wanted to give him Drought more than anything. Not only would he lose the water weakness, it would further be weakened by Drought. Oh the Rock/Ground weakness, well how about an instant Solarbeam. A Drought Dragon/Fire Charizard, assuming it gets faster could just run Flamethrower, Solarbeam, (some other move: Hidden Power Ground/Focus Blast/stuff...), Dragon Pulse and be pretty well off But I will agree and say Ampharos is BS lol. It's a Lamb/Dragon I guess
---
Black: 0003 2733 6504
SS: 1677 7369 7003
#43LexifoxPosted 9/9/2013 7:44:33 AM
Ampharos being a dragon makes sense because, besides the name

1. Sheep are gentle creatures, and Asian dragons are often thought of as such.
2. Sheep have wool, which resembles clouds. Asian dragons are often associated with clouds.
3. MegAmp has a longer body and lots of fluff around the shoulders/tail - like Asian dragons are often thought to look.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#44JKPhagePosted 9/9/2013 7:54:41 AM
I really don't give two flips about Charizard. I'm more ticked that they didn't make Mega-Blastoise a Water/Steel, seeing as he's supposed to be a freaking TANK. He's slow, with high defense, and even his design is meant to mimic a tank, so why in the world didn't they add Steel and make him a super tank?

Also kinda miffed that they didn't make Rain Dish his mega ability so you could use rain dance and make him regen health.
#45Thunder_man6Posted 9/9/2013 7:57:03 AM
gunsndroses posted...
matt-nicklin posted...
because he looks like a dragon.

And because they gave Dragon typing to f***ing Ampharos.

Yes, his Japanese name means "electric dragon" or whatever. But there is no reason f***ing Ampharos deserves it over Charizard..

U mad bro?
---
Et Ducit Mundum Per Luce
psn: himynameis*Hat (remove the *)
#46LexifoxPosted 9/9/2013 7:58:13 AM
ClassyOldHat posted...
So Lexifox will no longer have an excuse to troll this board anytime the topic comes up.

1. When was the last time it happened
2. I apologize if my worldview allows for winged reptiles that are not dragons.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#47DarkKirby2500Posted 9/9/2013 8:15:34 AM
Charizard is popular.

Fire/Flying became garbage type after Stealth Rocks came out. Low base stats did not help.

Dragon has traditionally been an intentionally overpowered type.

Only time will tell if Fairy Type actually remedies this.
---
1. The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him. 2. They're all complacent sheeple.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>
#48LexifoxPosted 9/9/2013 8:16:11 AM
DarkKirby2500 posted...
Charizard is popular.

Fire/Flying became garbage type after Stealth Rocks came out. Low base stats did not help.

Charizard's problems go beyond typing, though.
---
#49hellzyaaahhhhhhPosted 9/9/2013 8:21:40 AM
Lexifox posted...
DarkKirby2500 posted...
Charizard is popular.

Charizard's problems go beyond typing, though.

all hail Lizardon
lol...
---
owns all game systems... equal feelings about all of them...
its the games i tend to take favor to o.O
#50tombman27Posted 9/9/2013 8:34:11 AM
For me, because he looks like a dragon...
---
Reppin the YG