This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How important is a Pokemon's happiness to you?

#11GoGoatPosted 9/7/2013 11:18:29 AM
A Pokémon's happiness will reach its peak whether you pay attention to it or not (unless you make a conscious effort to lower it), so no, not really.
---
Official Oblivion Keyblade of the KH3 Board
3ds FC: 1934-0765-5595
#12reannamatorPosted 9/7/2013 11:19:31 AM
I do get sentimentally attached to my Pokemon. There isn't much to indicate a Pokemon's happiness though, and it doesn't affect much within the game so it's a bit hard to care about it constantly, as much as I feel I should.
---
I'm not a GRRL gamer; I'm just another kid who had a Nintendo and never grew out of it.
#13XWolfOPosted 9/7/2013 11:24:01 AM
I try to keep my Pokemon happy because I do get attached to them. I try my best not to let them faint, not just rely on one or two, but my whole team, and in HG, I interacted with them every so often, because I loved seeing them happy.

So, it kind of is important to me. If it was just there for no reason, I'd still try my best to keep them happy, yes.
---
Woof...
#14NecroStreak128Posted 9/7/2013 11:24:36 AM
If I use it, very important.
#15SniperNightOwlPosted 9/7/2013 11:24:47 AM
LuckOverSkill posted...
On a scale of 1-10, 0

^
---
Stating your opinion =/= Trolling. Deal with it. Get over it. And stop whining.
#16AzurinaiPosted 9/7/2013 11:26:40 AM
I care so little about it that Revival Herbs are my go-to healing item.
---
This post has a +1 to topic killing, +3 vs Trolls and other regenerating entities.
NNID- Azurus MHU- Raiss Team Noir: Ninetales
#17KeeperOfShadowsPosted 9/7/2013 11:30:26 AM
For the record, are there even any games where happiness values are just there to be there?

Any game I've played with hidden values like that had them do something, even if it just was a small in-game event.
---
A voice of reason, in a chaotic realm.
"Are you angry? Do you hate me?"
#18PentaoPosted 9/7/2013 11:59:35 AM
I prefer it having a higher value than not, but I won't be stressed out if it's low and I'm not using Return/Frustration.
---
"Religion keeps pressing B when we try to evolve." - pirategeorge"
[3DS FC: 1934-0673-9848 (Pentao)]
#19NinjaKitsunePosted 9/7/2013 12:15:44 PM
XWolfO posted...
I try to keep my Pokemon happy because I do get attached to them. I try my best not to let them faint, not just rely on one or two, but my whole team, and in HG, I interacted with them every so often, because I loved seeing them happy.

So, it kind of is important to me. If it was just there for no reason, I'd still try my best to keep them happy, yes.

This, more or less.
---
The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not "Eureka!" but "That's funny..."
#20The_DragonwPosted 9/7/2013 12:19:20 PM
Not very. It's just something that happens when I train them.

Although, I try very hard to evolve pokemon that require happiness to evolve. Other than that, unless they change things, I don't even know what the point to it is.

"Your pokemon like you." Okay, so what does that REALLY do?
---
White Friend Code: 1764 2206 9014