This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How will Nintendo handle the Ruby/Sapphire and FireRed/LeafGreen remakes?

#1oOo_SOX_oOoPosted 9/7/2013 10:42:30 AM
I think we could see games that revisit both Hoenn and Kanto. Call em, Ruby Red and Sapphire Blue. In September of 2014 it will be the 10 year anniversary of Fire Red and Leaf Green.

How do you see Gamefreak handling this? do you think we see seperate remakes of each game or do we see a Ruby and Sapphire remake that involve a dumbed-down version of Kanto. Or do you think they put more emphasis on Kanto because it would draw more attention.

Or perhaps we see remakes of both separately? I just cant see Nintendo retiring Kanto for good, they surely will be revisited.
---
NY JETS
R.I.P. ZYZZ
#2Great_ReapettePosted 9/7/2013 10:44:21 AM
ElectricalFireRed and BabyBarfGreen.
---
Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.
#3Binba442Posted 9/7/2013 10:45:52 AM
I have been to Kanto... 4 times. Across different generations. R/B, G/S/C, FR/LG, HG/SS.

Please, no more ;_;
Sinnoh would be ok though
---
Pacman is a deadbeat uncle who embarrasses everyone involved while living off of his one single moment of glory he had back in the 80s -Tirkaro 2013
#4MaetchPosted 9/7/2013 10:45:53 AM
Port the original games, add the Physical/Special Split, and leave everything else exactly the same as it was on the GBA.
#5reannamatorPosted 9/7/2013 10:47:01 AM
Both in one game would be an interesting idea, but I'd have to think about how it would be done. Perhaps you can choose to start in either Kanto or Hoenn, and if so, when you go to the other region afterward, can you use all your other Pokemon right away, or do you have to start over from scratch, being able to access your other Pokemon later? Both options don't sound quite right, for some reason, and that might be the biggest obstacle to a game like that.

But if you think of it as similar to HGSS, it might work that way, as long as we don't get an abridged version of one of the two regions... the fact that Kanto is that way in HGSS might be good cause for getting another Red/Blue/Green remake. *shrug* I'd be happy with just Hoenn on its own though.
---
I'm not a GRRL gamer; I'm just another kid who had a Nintendo and never grew out of it.
#6CakeOfLiesPosted 9/7/2013 10:47:12 AM
MagmaRuby and AquaSapphire.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 3139-7420-3142 - THIEF
#7NeonDragon9000Posted 9/7/2013 10:49:47 AM
I doubt there will be FireRed/LeafGreen remakes. Though they lack all the changes since Gen, IV, they still have natures, abilities and the current EV/IV system to make them "new enough."

As for RSE, I think we'll see a release about a year from now in Japan.
---
"Microsoft is not a helicopter." ~Gerald Ilukwe
#8Cheesepower5Posted 9/7/2013 10:57:38 AM
R/S remakes like you'd expect and a Yellow Remake.
---
We are the champions, but me most of all!
Official Eikichi Mishina of all MegaTen boards.
#9Lucidious89Posted 9/7/2013 11:03:01 AM
Considering the amount of focus XY seem to be putting on Kanto Pokemon, I dont think we'll see kanto remade for a while. We're already getting the original starters, the main legendary of kanto (all with mega evolutions) along with lots of others. If they were planning on a kanto remake, they'd be saving those to promote the remakes. Seems redundant if theyd do it now.

Hoenn though? Eh, maybe. Torchic giveaway can be taken either way as support for that.
#10paiprPosted 9/7/2013 11:06:32 AM
CakeOfLies posted...
MagmaRuby and AquaSapphire.

lets get sequels called aqua ruby, and magma sapphire.

in the game groudon and kyrogue have alternate forms that change there type and switch their abilities, making them "betray" the earth, or the ocean.
---
.....said an almost 30 year old married guy driving a van around for a living
3ds my fc, 0602-6823-9646, my wifes 0146.9112.0071