This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How will Nintendo handle the Ruby/Sapphire and FireRed/LeafGreen remakes?

#3117MasterPosted 9/7/2013 2:20:50 PM
CakeOfLies posted...
17Master posted...
I think they'll handle it by not doing them.

Why do you say that?
At this point, some Gen 3 Pokemon are very hard to come by. Also, transferring from a Gen 3 game would require a DS Lite, a 3DS, and games from gens 3-6. I think Gen 3 remakes would be a fantastic idea.

I'm not against remaking RSE. While I didn't enjoy them as much as I have other games, I'm more than willing to give Hoenn another chance. But per my understanding, the reason we got FR/LG and HG/SS was due to the inability to transfer Pokemon from RBY and GSC. The way things are, it IS possible to transfer from Gen III to Gen V, and we'll be able to transfer from V to VI, so there's no literal need to remake the the games in order for players to complete a Pokedex.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/17Master
#32MagikarpRulesPosted 9/7/2013 2:24:23 PM
17Master posted...
CakeOfLies posted...
17Master posted...

Why do you say that?
At this point, some Gen 3 Pokemon are very hard to come by. Also, transferring from a Gen 3 game would require a DS Lite, a 3DS, and games from gens 3-6. I think Gen 3 remakes would be a fantastic idea.

I'm not against remaking RSE. While I didn't enjoy them as much as I have other games, I'm more than willing to give Hoenn another chance. But per my understanding, the reason we got FR/LG and HG/SS was due to the inability to transfer Pokemon from RBY and GSC. The way things are, it IS possible to transfer from Gen III to Gen V, and we'll be able to transfer from V to VI, so there's no literal need to remake the the games in order for players to complete a Pokedex.

Well, technically speaking, we didn't need Gen 2 remakes, but still got them.
#3317MasterPosted 9/7/2013 2:26:34 PM
We didn't? I must have missed something then.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/17Master
#34TranquilSeaPosted 9/7/2013 2:27:49 PM
17Master posted...
CakeOfLies posted...
17Master posted...

Why do you say that?

Connectivity itself doesn't mean much, since one of the main points raised before HG and SS were announced is that we don't need a Gen 2 remake because most of the Johto dex was already available through other means.

Furthermore, we're in the 3DS era now, and even later DS models lacked backwards compatibility. Maybe they'll feel the gap is big enough to justify it, or maybe they just want to remake it because they want to. Who knows.
---
you know the closer you get to something
the tougher it is to see it
#35MagikarpRulesPosted 9/7/2013 2:28:54 PM
17Master posted...
We didn't? I must have missed something then.

Between Emerald, FireRed, LeafGreen and the Cube games, I think you could get pretty much all of Gen2 Pokemon, sans Celebi.
#36t3hNubPosted 9/7/2013 2:56:37 PM
Why is the topic still going? The topic-ending post has already been made.

17Master posted...

See? /topic
---
Don't get hit and hit it until it dies, in that order.
Kill it, carve it, wear it, repeat it.
#37Rad_DudesmanPosted 9/7/2013 2:57:52 PM
They're not remaking Ruby and Sapphire

Gens 1 and 2 had nostalgic appeal

Gen 3 doesn't have that
---
The official rad dude of the Pokemon X board.
Blaze the Cat is cool. People who agree: 1
#38reannamatorPosted 9/7/2013 3:28:58 PM
Rad_Dudesman posted...

Gen 3 doesn't have that

LIES.

That's my gut reaction, but it does make a lot of sense. That having been said, I hope they'll remake them anyway, especially since so many fans have been asking for it. *shrug* If it never happens I'd understand but I'll play the hell out of R/S remakes if it does.
---
I'm not a GRRL gamer; I'm just another kid who had a Nintendo and never grew out of it.
#39PChaosWMPosted 9/7/2013 3:29:36 PM
I'm not sure they need to do a remake of a remake.

I wouldn't mind seeing a R/S/E remake, but a FR/LG remake seems excessive and a waste of resources.
---
====== PerfectChaosWM ============-
== Pokemon Black FC: 1765-4824-5124 ===-
#40LexifoxPosted 9/7/2013 3:30:04 PM
Rad_Dudesman posted...

Gen 3 doesn't have that

Except to people who are nostalgic for Gen 3.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod