This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

When you FIRST learned about Pokemon? Any source counts.

#11EmptyStar12Posted 9/7/2013 11:25:20 AM
Great_Reapette posted...
EmptyStar12 posted...
and I was like WOAHHHHHHH COOL FIRE DRAGON

And then your dreams were crushed when you found out it wasn't a dragon

I didn't, and still really don't, care about his typing. I'm pretty sure back then I didn't even KNOW there was a Dragon type (especially considering back then the only Dragon-types were the Dratini line, so it was just a formality) He still looks like a dragon and that's always been enough for me .
=)
---
BW FC: 5071 3224 4419.
#12Regent_EXPosted 9/7/2013 11:25:36 AM
It was first grade and a bunch of my friends were playing Pokemon at the school playground. They let me be Squirtle and said my attack was water gun and that I shot water from my mouth. I ran around spitting on people. They got mad.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 2066 1269 4872
Currently looking for DWF: Gible, Meloetta
#13UmuruPosted 9/7/2013 11:28:29 AM(edited)
I was a kid in school, one of the other kids had stickers of various things that his family got from seas (I think Meowth, Oddish, Nidoking, and Mewtwo were among them) and I was really interested in what those things were. Not long afterwards, the SS Anne preview episode came on tv and then kids started playing the games in school so as soon as the GBC was out, I did the kid begging thing and got my parents to get me one. :p
#14pokemonfreak97Posted 9/7/2013 11:29:37 AM
Duskull24 posted...
How did you see Reshiram in Pokemon Stadium?

He didn't have the game yet; not only did he not know that Charizard wasn't Dragon-type, he didn't know the type existed.
---
Generation (pi)(i).
When you see this, raise e to the generation and add 1. Social experiment.
#15reannamatorPosted 9/7/2013 11:31:42 AM
I honestly can't remember. It was back in the days of Red and Blue, and I was in high school (I'm old...).

I actually was first getting into anime, and I decided to watch Pokemon since it was easily accessible and popular and would be a good "gateway" show. I then got Blue when I started getting into the show.

I did buy a little Pikachu pull-string vibrating doll on a school trip to Washington, DC before I even started watching the show (still have it!). So, maybe if anything even though I'd seen and heard of Pokemon before, that's the closest thing to my first "Pokemon moment."
---
I'm not a GRRL gamer; I'm just another kid who had a Nintendo and never grew out of it.
#16KefkaesqueXIIIPosted 9/7/2013 11:31:47 AM
Friend's house in 1st grade.

His older brother was watching an episode of the anime (the salon one where Brock gets Vulpix). We thought it looked interesting, so we sat down a watched too. We loved it.

I didn't realize that there was a pokemon game until a couple weeks later, which I started to obsess over. Ended up getting the special Pokemon Yellow GBC from "Santa" that Christmas. I've lost the game, but I still have the gameboy (minus the battery cover of course).

Funny story: I somehow misheard Team Rocket's name as Team Ronny. Ronny was also the name of my friend's older brother, so I thought it was hilarious.
---
http://tinyurl.com/OperationDecode
Please sign this petition to get Digimon Re:Digitize Decode localized!
#17EmptyStar12Posted 9/7/2013 11:50:54 AM
KefkaesqueXIII posted...
Friend's house in 1st grade.

His older brother was watching an episode of the anime (the salon one where Brock gets Vulpix). We thought it looked interesting, so we sat down a watched too. We loved it.

I didn't realize that there was a pokemon game until a couple weeks later, which I started to obsess over. Ended up getting the special Pokemon Yellow GBC from "Santa" that Christmas. I've lost the game, but I still have the gameboy (minus the battery cover of course).

Funny story: I somehow misheard Team Rocket's name as Team Ronny. Ronny was also the name of my friend's older brother, so I thought it was hilarious.

Haha, similar to this, when the first time we played Pokemon on the playground (not the GBC game, just pretending we were Pokemon), I wanted to be "Charmander" (I thought that was the name of his fully evolved form), but ****ing Kenny was the person in charge and he told me that I was "Zero". I later understood that he said Fearow.

****ing Kenny.
---
BW FC: 5071 3224 4419.
#18MM125Posted 9/7/2013 11:58:35 AM
I genuinely don't remember life before Pokémon.
---
Oooh, MM, he be tryin' you, dawg. He be tryin' you. Best mind you biiiiiiiz-ness. ~KMA
*triple z snap* ~AluminumTicket
#19DrakoVongola1Posted 9/7/2013 12:00:19 PM
I think I first heard about it when I saw the anime on Cartoon Network (Before it went to s***).
---
Official leader of the Illuminati.
#20SirPiercePosted 9/7/2013 12:02:40 PM
I was in sixth grade. My friend Terry was in eighth. I was over at his house and he was talking about a new game he had just gotten when it came out. He showed me and I thought it looked cool. It was Red Version. He also had a Blue. He let me borrow it (he ended up letting me keep it). I was instantly hooked. We played together and collected cards together for the next year or so. That is when he gave into peer pressure and stopped liking it. I am still obsessed today. I am so psyched for XY. I am counting down the days.
---
Xerneas, The DNAntler Pokemon
Currently Awaiting...SSBU, SSB3DS, Pokemon X, Pokemon Y and Watch Dogs.