This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

When you FIRST learned about Pokemon? Any source counts.

#41reannamatorPosted 9/7/2013 3:06:05 PM
MM125 posted...
I genuinely don't remember life before Pokémon.

That makes an odd amount of sense. I was fifteen when Red and Blue came out, so obviously my memory goes before that, and I can easily recall stuff before that. But then I think, "That was before Pokemon!" and I have to stop and process that.
---
I'm not a GRRL gamer; I'm just another kid who had a Nintendo and never grew out of it.
#42MickeyRocksaPosted 9/7/2013 3:06:37 PM
anime
---
Fight Me.... MICKEYx 3ds FC: 4141-2356-8625 ...pm me 1st
DBZ Battle of the Gods should be dubbed spread da word
#43PlayerFiftyOnePosted 9/7/2013 3:07:31 PM
My Mom bought me a gameboy with a bunch of games(to share with my Sister) when I went on a plane to Florida as a kid (might've been my first flight). I ended up playing Ruby because the cartridge was a different color. I gave that one to my Sister and I got Sapphire eventually (no idea when or how - I just remember having it)
#44MasterAdeptAlexPosted 9/7/2013 3:09:15 PM
From friends in elementary school.
---
"There is good in this world, Mr.Frodo.....and it's all worth fighting for." Samwise Gamgee in Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
#4512fingerJIMPosted 9/7/2013 3:10:30 PM
My older sister got yellow version, I was like 4, got stuck at hungover old man because I couldn't read.
---
Police don't have any suspects at this time, but they're pretty sure that it was you.
#46snuffles504Posted 9/7/2013 3:12:35 PM
My friend told me about it in first grade. He described Squirtle as a turtle with a water gun and Psyduck as a girl that gives people headaches by holding her head and shouting at them.

Wow, I guess that means those were the first two Pokemon I had ever heard of.
---
Official Rinzler of the Kingdom Hearts III Board
R - Hyuck hyuck hyuck!
#47GolurkcanflyPosted 9/7/2013 3:16:34 PM
The Pokémon Anime when I was 3.
---
Will kick puppies for a good sig.
#48tobias90Posted 9/7/2013 3:25:24 PM
Kids on the playground playing it on their old school games boys. The anime came out shortly after. It was still another year before I got my own GBC and Blue version though.
---
Sasha Braus-my waifu
http://i.imgur.com/5RbkBB9.jpg?1
#49MirMirosPosted 9/7/2013 5:53:38 PM(edited)
I got the Toys R Us promotional VHS in the mail back at the start of it all, and I just realized that was about 15 years ago. I was 10 years old just the age for a young trainer to start their journey.

I was so excited, and I watched it so many times. I remember playing Pokemon Blue on my Gameboy Pocket, and watching the show when it first aired. I had my parents tape it so I could watch it every day after school.
#50Safer_777(Topic Creator)Posted 9/8/2013 1:47:54 AM
So many people started either at the first game or at the first season of the anime. Amazing.
---
GameFaqs is NOT the place to go for relationship advice.Nobody here gets any action unless it is their right or left hand.Including me.~Dawn and Dusk~