This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

When you FIRST learned about Pokemon? Any source counts.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. When you FIRST learned about Pokemon? Any source counts.
2 years ago#41
MM125 posted...
I genuinely don't remember life before Pokémon.

That makes an odd amount of sense. I was fifteen when Red and Blue came out, so obviously my memory goes before that, and I can easily recall stuff before that. But then I think, "That was before Pokemon!" and I have to stop and process that.
I'm not a GRRL gamer; I'm just another kid who had a Nintendo and never grew out of it.
2 years ago#42
Fight Me.... MICKEYx 3ds FC: 4141-2356-8625 me 1st
DBZ Battle of the Gods should be dubbed spread da word
2 years ago#43
My Mom bought me a gameboy with a bunch of games(to share with my Sister) when I went on a plane to Florida as a kid (might've been my first flight). I ended up playing Ruby because the cartridge was a different color. I gave that one to my Sister and I got Sapphire eventually (no idea when or how - I just remember having it)
2 years ago#44
From friends in elementary school.
"There is good in this world, Mr.Frodo.....and it's all worth fighting for." Samwise Gamgee in Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
2 years ago#45
My older sister got yellow version, I was like 4, got stuck at hungover old man because I couldn't read.
Police don't have any suspects at this time, but they're pretty sure that it was you.
2 years ago#46
My friend told me about it in first grade. He described Squirtle as a turtle with a water gun and Psyduck as a girl that gives people headaches by holding her head and shouting at them.

Wow, I guess that means those were the first two Pokemon I had ever heard of.
Official Rinzler of the Kingdom Hearts III Board
R - Hyuck hyuck hyuck!
2 years ago#47
The Pokémon Anime when I was 3.
Will kick puppies for a good sig.
2 years ago#48
Kids on the playground playing it on their old school games boys. The anime came out shortly after. It was still another year before I got my own GBC and Blue version though.
Sasha Braus-my waifu
2 years ago#49
I got the Toys R Us promotional VHS in the mail back at the start of it all, and I just realized that was about 15 years ago. I was 10 years old just the age for a young trainer to start their journey.

I was so excited, and I watched it so many times. I remember playing Pokemon Blue on my Gameboy Pocket, and watching the show when it first aired. I had my parents tape it so I could watch it every day after school.
2 years ago#50
So many people started either at the first game or at the first season of the anime. Amazing.
GameFaqs is NOT the place to go for relationship advice.Nobody here gets any action unless it is their right or left hand.Including me.~Dawn and Dusk~
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. When you FIRST learned about Pokemon? Any source counts.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived