This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why the hate for the inanimate object Pokemon?

#1ElizaberthaPosted 9/7/2013 1:47:52 PM
I don't understand it at all. There have always been inanimate objects in Pokemon, just take a look at Magnemite and Voltorb. It's not something that generation 5 brought. And so what if they make more? Your regular monsters will still be there. So what's the big deal?
---
hfsdgjhgfjsdhgfjkfgjhafjf
#2GollyFluffPosted 9/7/2013 2:01:48 PM
I'm ok with inanimate object monsters, but I'm really opposed to clothed pokemon. Jynx, hitmonchan, sawk and throh all look weird to me. There are probably others but those are all I can think of right now.
---
"Captain Falcon wasn't confirmed for Brawl. Brawl was confirmed for Captain Falcon."
#3RotomGuy3Posted 9/7/2013 2:02:58 PM
Don't worry Swirlix, I appreciate you.
#4FuneralCakePosted 9/7/2013 2:03:08 PM
Basically, it's "My nostalgia won't allow me to like anything from the newer games, so I have to try to legitimize my irrational complaints with something that seems like it might make sense to a not-crazy person."
---
YOU WANT SOME FUNERAL TO GO WITH THAT CAKE?
why aren't you laughing at me? everything i say is funny and adorable
#5sammyslammerPosted 9/7/2013 2:04:37 PM
RotomGuy3 posted...
Don't worry Swirlix, I appreciate you.

I eat pokemon like him for breakfast.
---
TL;DR The post above is too short.
#6jakovuPosted 9/7/2013 2:05:36 PM
Does anyone even dislike Chandelure?
#7westontickleePosted 9/7/2013 2:05:36 PM
FuneralCake posted...
Basically, it's "My nostalgia won't allow me to like anything from the newer games, so I have to try to legitimize my irrational complaints with something that seems like it might make sense to a not-crazy person."

Or you know...thy're horrible
---
Courtesy of Valcrist_Mk2: http://westonticklee.deviantart.com/favourites/
Queen Jiggs' Right hand Man. JiggsNation(Pokemon X, FFXV, LR: FFXIII and P4G Boards)
#8Doctor_SpankyPosted 9/7/2013 2:08:46 PM
jakovu posted...

Yeah everyone leaves the chandelier out
#9RotomGuy3Posted 9/7/2013 2:09:20 PM
Doctor_Spanky posted...
jakovu posted...

Yeah everyone leaves the chandelier out

He's on my team always.
#10gohoanqPosted 9/7/2013 2:10:48 PM
I don't like the designs of some of them like Vanillite.... not because it's inanimate.. but because I just think it looks dumb. lol I don't mind though because when you think about it, how the hell was a Pokemon able to evolve into looking like a Pokeball?(Voltorb/Electrode)? Using that logic, "a Pokemon shouldn't be able to look like ice cream" is moot. lol Again though, that doesn't save them from looking dumb.
---
---
"Bad biscuits make the baker broke bro" - Jake the Dog.