This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Zekrom and Reshiram = coolest legendaries ever.

#21TyranidomegaPosted 9/7/2013 6:42:34 PM
robinhoek posted...
Tyranidomega posted...
I agree and disagree with some of TC's points.

Coolest? Disagree. Not to say that Zekrom and Reshiram aren't cool at all, but so far in terms of the duo rule, Xerneas and Yveltal are looking to be the coolest legends yet.

Creative? Agree. Infact I believe the Tao trio are the most creative mascot legends so far, compared to the Weather and Creation trio. The whole Yin-Yang duality concept is unique, and what really makes it creative is that there are many possibilities as to what Reshiram and Zekrom could've represented in the Pokemon lore.

How is Yin/Yang more unique or creative than space/time or earth/ocean? Gen 3 had the most unique in my opinion. You don't see the ocean vs the earth very often. Yin and yang is a popular concept and so is space/time/dimensional stories.

Land vs Sea is pretty straightforward, and yes Space/Time is a more popular concept.

I believe what I mean is how the concept of Yin/Yang makes Reshiram and Zekrom more...limitless in what they could represent.
---
Official hot fudge sundae of the IDF
Official Hydreigon of the Pokemon B/W 2 Boards.
#22kaiser ryuPosted 9/7/2013 6:51:25 PM
I find Mewtwo and Darkrai to be the coolest, Latias to be the bestest, and Victini to be the cutest. I can't find an est to give to the Yin and Yang Pokemon :'(
---
The Tales of series needs more love in America.
Won't change sig until Namco gets wise. Started: 9/8/06
#23JarickoPosted 9/7/2013 6:54:22 PM
Lugia and Darkrai say no ( Darkrai has been growing on me. Its now my number 2 favorite legendary )

Darkrai is so awesome that both doubles and singles had to make rules and bans around it.
---
I like Lances!
#24jfx_zeroPosted 9/7/2013 10:11:14 PM
Totally agree. They are by far the best version mascots and play off of each other insanely well. Their designs are distinctly different, the way their stories are interwoven, the fact that they're based off the concept of yin and yang. So, so clever.
Even Kyurem thrown in the mix (although the fusions thing did kind of cheapen it) was a cool part of the mascot trio.

Although, (as stated previously) the three that really play the best off of each other are Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza. I'd just say overall the concept/design for Reshiram and Zekrom is cooler.
---
Check out my music page at: chrisbyerly.bandcamp.com or soundcloud.com/chris-byerly
#25Ari917Posted 9/8/2013 8:40:57 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#26Great_ReapettePosted 9/8/2013 8:42:11 AM
jfx_zero posted...
Even Kyurem ...was a cool part of the mascot trio.

You could say... it's the coolest Pokémon there is.

YEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH
---
Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.
#27RagirothPosted 9/8/2013 8:48:47 AM
I think overall, Zekrom, Reshiram, and Kyuerem are the best "game cover" trio. But I think these legendaries are cooler than them (or at least Reshiram and maybe Kyuerem)

-Mewtwo
-Darkrai
-Deoxys
-Suicune
-Luigia (Ho-oh just kinda brings the G/S/C ones down. Plus that kinda wasn't a trio yet then)
-Rayquaza (Kyogre and to a lesser extent Groudon just bring that trio down)
-Giratina (Dialga and Palkia aren't bad, they just aren't as cool as Zekrom and Reshiram)

And Arceus is cooler than Reshiram but not Zekrom or Kyuerem IMO.
---
http://z8.invisionfree.com/Final_Chase_Zone/index.php?
PSN-Ragiroth
#28ZhacariasPosted 9/8/2013 8:52:58 AM
mexicannon posted...
The best trio was Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza. No question

This.

Honestly, Zekrom and Reshiram have the most god awful designs. One has a drill for a butt, and the other has god knows what. Right beside the cloud trio and Palkia/Dialga/Arceus. The legendaries for recent Pokemon games are just getting worse and worse.
---
3DS Friend Code: 1091 - 7544 - 3781
Name: Isa
#29mad_hax_manPosted 9/8/2013 8:59:31 AM
Disagree almost completely. In terms of design, they are some of the weakest main legendaries in the series. Zekrom is a generic dragon at best and Reshiram is ugly as sin. They are more creative than Dialga/ Palkia and Giritina in that they're not just a copy and paste of Kyroge, Groundon and Ryaquza. but no more creative than G/K/R.

Their backstory was nice, I will give them that.
---
"Hey bridesmaid, love the beard! Give's me something to hang onto!!"- Lord Flasheart
#30GoGoatPosted 9/8/2013 9:19:33 AM
They definitely have the best backstory, thats for sure. They didn't physically shape the world like the previous mascots, they lent their power to the heros who guided their people to build a world for themselves.

Coolest is arguable, though. Both the weather and creation trios were pretty badass, though the tao trio is definitely still my favourite.
---
Official Oblivion Keyblade of the KH3 Board
3ds FC: 1934-0765-5595