This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I really want a game that doesn't focus on gyms as much

#1mexicannonPosted 9/7/2013 5:52:21 PM
Or removed entirely. Colliseum and XD were some of my favorite games , even with the limited pokemon being available to you. I liked how they were almost all plot-based. After the success of Colliseum/XD (games that did not have any gym leaders), how come they never made any for the Wii? I don't care if its a spinoff but as long as its a good game I would love it
#2KajagogoPosted 9/8/2013 4:55:16 PM
Isn't that what Mystery Dungeon is for? Yea, shut up and play those.
#3XxPika740xXPosted 9/8/2013 6:44:15 PM
those games also took out wild pokemon. You want those removed too?
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/MusicandGamesandStuf
----->Pika740<----- Sprezzatura
#4beebarbPosted 9/8/2013 6:48:18 PM
Gyms are one of the core mechanics of the main series.

You don't want those, go to the spinoffs:

Pokemon Ranger
PokePark
Pokemon Colloseum/XD
Pokemon Conquest
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon
Pokemon Rumble
---
I gave up and did the 3DS transfer anyway...
3DS XL FC: 2492-4470-1418 / White 2 FC: 0047-4149-5185 / White FC: 0348-0626-6780
#5NessEggmanPosted 9/8/2013 9:10:14 PM
I understand what TC is saying.

Colosseum (I didn't really play XD) had things like gyms... but they were just not called gyms... I think they were called Colosseums... lol I forget. Maybe they were even just called gyms O_o But the storyline didn't revolve around them.

I actually feel like BW and BW2 already did this... while you did go through gyms as part of the quest, the storyline didn't seem to revolve around gyms so much... even though the gym leaders were important characters this time.

I think it would be refreshing if the atmosphere changed -- the formula and mechanic could stay the same. But the story always ends up being professor asks you to fill Pokedex, and you decide gym challenge is a good way to do this. Why not have another, even if similar, objective for the character that is more story-driven, like Pokemon Colosseum did (even though it still had gyms!)
---
"Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it."
3DS FC: 2750 1911 5515
#6XereintPosted 9/8/2013 9:18:38 PM
I wish there is another colosseum/XD game. Those were something new and refreshing.
#7bakkahentai8600Posted 9/8/2013 9:22:40 PM
Personally, I feel the problem with gyms is how disconnected most feel to the big bad plot... Especially the leaders. Like Brock should have showed up to help you during Mt. Moon or Sabrina should have been protecting the citizens by having all of them hide in the gym while she guards the door and the other leaders lead an assault on Silph Co or stop more Team Rocket members enter the city.
---
Previously the_sage2600
I'm baaaacccckkkkk
#8LightHawKnightPosted 9/8/2013 9:24:13 PM
I wish Colloseum/XD had gyms. Would have been more fun.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#9KisaiPosted 9/8/2013 9:27:17 PM
I still wish Gyms were given a Legend of Zelda treatment, where they're all open at the very start, but you have to go around and try to find certain HMs to access a few of them. (Like how you needed bombs to open up dungeon 8, or how you needed a raft for dungeon 4, or how you needed the whistle for dungeon 6 or whatever.)
---
WHO MODS THE MODERATORS?
#10smallface_grayPosted 9/8/2013 9:27:51 PM
bakkahentai8600 posted...
Personally, I feel the problem with gyms is how disconnected most feel to the big bad plot... Especially the leaders. Like Brock should have showed up to help you during Mt. Moon or Sabrina should have been protecting the citizens by having all of them hide in the gym while she guards the door and the other leaders lead an assault on Silph Co or stop more Team Rocket members enter the city.

I agree, the gym leaders should be included in the story, but you cannot deny that they didn't make them more involved to the story in B/W. (Burgh, Clay, Norma, Draydon all interact with Team Plasma, for example)